Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Worst nightmare came true: hard drive is fucked up. They'll try to save as much as possible, but they don't save music or videos. Which means my 350gb music collection is gone :(

Ah. If you had an iPod I know of a great program that would let you get back the music you had on it....

..On the bright side, now you can start over and build an even more impressive and outstanding music library. It's fun once you've gotten over the loss of your old files...Starting over and getting into more new music is a good thing too :)

Sorry to hear, NP. Happened to me about 4 years ago and it was a nightmare. I went without my music collection for awhile, but I had an iPod I was finally able to pull most off of.

Is there any type of recovery program that could locate the files? I know this can be a headache, and most files would be salvaged without any labeling, but it's better than nothing!

Feeling for you NP. I'm having the worst day of my life.

The breakdown of my hard drive last month caused me to lose thousands of musical recordings, the work of 3 years was gone waste just in seconds. I had backed up other works and archives in another hard drive.

Today I've learnt that all of my backups were gone because other hard drive broke down as well. Which means basically all I had written, be it poems, articles (the stuff that I was most proud of doing up to date, because they were very well acclaimed by others and I loved them), any kinds of ideas, reviews, diaries I had written for years, my old pictures, my musical archives, videos, films, everything. Every work I've done is gone forever.

I hadn't recovered from losing all musical work, now I've lost everything. Hadn't cried a single time in last three years. Couldn't stop myself today.

Shit, that really sucks, Flash. My suggestion: wallow, get drunk, then use the motivation to write even better material. Doesn't help for the pictures, but it's best to look on the bright side.

Damn, that sucks boys.
(Mckindog ponders what he needs to do to protect himself from such a disaster.)

External hard drives work wonders too. They can be expensive though but if you back up all your files onto that and something like this happens, then you're golden. Which reminds me, I have gained a lot of new stuff... Maybe I'm about due for a new back up.

Back