Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

OK, you should be able to recover at least some of it. Try running this on it:
http://www.piriform.com/recuva
It's the best free file recovery program I know of. The major downside is that it doesn't recover text files.
There are some that are much better, but you'll need to pay for them, such as this:
http://www.reneelab.com/product-win-Renee-Undeleter.html
There are probably even better ones, you may want to check out a local computer store, too.

If it doesn't recover text files, it's worthless, to be honest. I cry over my lose of poems and articles, so. But I'll try my best in any aspect.

For example my German teacher last year saw me writing poems at class and asked to see other poems I had written. I picked up a notebook and wrote every poem I had written to that day and gave it to her. She loved the poems. If she's still at our school and still has the notebook, I might recover my poems.

Sad topic is sad. I'd try to find that teacher if nothing else helps. Even if she's not in your school any more, surely you know her name or something.

Though I can't really complain about the music, considering the way I acquired all those songs :P

Anyway, I might not lose everything, so that's good. All the movies and TV shows I kept on an external hard drive, so that's saved. I had enough space on external hard drives to put all the stuff I kept on internal hard drive TWICE, yet I was afraid of the external hard drive failing :lol:

Sorry to hear about it, Flash. :( Losing all the stuff you created must be a terrible thing.
This is the reason I have absolutely everything I write on Google Drive now.

I had lost a bunch of files on an external hard drive, there was nothing real critical on there, but I used this and it got quite a bit back

http://download.cnet.com/Recover-Files/3000-2094_4-10715455.html

It did a really nice job and I think I recovered about 95% of what was on there. The only problem was the index was lost, so it was not able to recover all the file names.

It says you have to purchase the full version to recover files bigger than 25KB.

A program Perun adviced just a couple of posts ago is doing the work currently. It found the names of the folders but folders were empty. Trying another solution now it's estimated to take 5 hours so I'll leave the PC open for the night.

A girl came skipping home from school one day.
"Mommy, Mommy," she yelled, "we were counting today, and all the other kids could only count to four, but I counted to 10. See? 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10!"
"Very good," said her mother.
"Is it because I'm blonde?" the girl said.
"Yes, it's because you're blonde," said the mommy....
The next day the girl came skipping home from school. "Mommy, Mommy," she yelled, "we were saying the alphabet today, and all the other kids could only say it to D, but I said it to G. See? A, B, C, D, E, F, G!"
"Very good," said her mother.
"Is it because I'm blonde, Mommy?"
"Yes, it's because you're blonde."
The next day the girl came skipping home from school. Mommy, Mommy," she yelled, "we were in gym class today, and when we showered, all the other girls had flat chests, but I have these!" And she lifted her tank top to reveal a pair of 36Cs.
"Very good," said her embarrassed mother.
"Is it because I'm blonde, mommy?"
"No Honey, it's because you're 24."

Debating whether to plunk $75 for PPV of Mayweather-Canelo. Want to watch the fight, but that's an offensive amount of money for a single TV program.

Back