Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

It is tough .. because bad things can happen from vaccine and a greater good argument means nothing to an individual parent. But, there have been major success stories and diseases that killed or crippled large amounts of people as recently as the 1990s essentially do not exist in the modern countries any more. Polio is a good example. I am sure some were harmed by the vaccine, but the disease is essentially gone in the US

One think to consider is that if while measles might not cause issues for you, it can cause problems for others. There is something to the thought of getting vaccinated to try to eradicate disease. There have recently been measles and Whooping Cough outbreaks near us ... in one case started by someone coming back from China and in the other mothers not vaccinated and passing it to their kids.

That's why measles being on the increase is of concern to me. So many parents opted out of MMR vaccinations that measles has made a comeback, when it had become unusual.

Laptop. I turn it on, it says diagnosing PC, then system restore and then it just shows W8 logo on a black background. Been like that for 8 hours before I turned it off.

Ug, that sucks. do you have the installation media (CD/DVD)? Sometimes you can run that and do a repair on it...

Edit: I thought I should stop this discussion here but I won't. Has any of you been vaccinated against scarlet fever? Against a bacterial infection that can reoccur in a few years? Would you repeat it over and over? How many of you would try the vaccine against chicken pox? This one is strongly recommended at present, you know. Hepatitis A? This one is being advertised. How far would you go with this? Flu vaccines, common cold vaccines?

I certainly didn't call you a liar. To answer, I am vaccinated in every way recommended by my doctor for my age group. I get a flu shot every other year - except for when I was working with a lot of old people at the call centre. Nothing wrong with any of that. If I was of the age for a chicken pox shot, I'd get that too - I'm currently older, and, of course, I had it when I was a kid. Diseases, even simple ones like scarlet fever, kill.

I certainly didn't call you a liar. To answer, I am vaccinated in every way recommended by my doctor for my age group. I get a flu shot every other year - except for when I was working with a lot of old people at the call centre. Nothing wrong with any of that. If I was of the age for a chicken pox shot, I'd get that too - I'm currently older, and, of course, I had it when I was a kid. Diseases, even simple ones like scarlet fever, kill.
Same here except I've never gotten a flu shot, not sure if I need to start getting one (yet) but I've only had the flu once.

I got the chicken pox shot when I was really young, like 5.

Today would've been Freddie Mercury's 67th birthday. Really sad that he died pretty young. I really wish I could've seen Queen live.

Also, this is awesome:

A few Sue pics

I would recommend the Chicago museums very strongly, for my money, they are the best in the country as far as permanent exhibits, diversity of exhibits, and the buildings themselves

IMG_20130901_114123_221.jpg

IMG_20130901_144239_679.jpg
Nice bearfan! Thanks!

hey guys!! I need some help Does anybody know where I can get this patch??? Its very important because Im trying recreate a vest my bf had in high school and it was full of patches and stuff. I tried looking for it but no luck :/ if anybody can help it would be great :D
download

I'm so tired this morning. Don't know how I'm gonna make it through school today. :yawn:

Back