Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I love Drunk History, because I *do* drunk history.

Yeah, me too. Many of my binges have gone down in history.

Also, the Hiroshima '06 boot is hilarious. The Japanese are so calm that Bruce can make out every single word that's being shouted in the audience, and he often talks to the individual fans, as in, having actual conversations with them.

Also, the Hiroshima '06 boot is hilarious. The Japanese are so calm that Bruce can make out every single word that's being shouted in the audience, and he often talks to the individual fans, as in, having actual conversations with them.

Honorable Japanese watch Iron Maiden concert very good.

Late to the party, but I can't turn down a Symphony X discussion...

I like Divine Wings but the title track overshadows the rest of it. Not like Odyssey where all the other material is equally strong.

Very true. Half of Divine Wings is filler for me, whereas most of the Odyssey is fantastic. A lot of Symphony X fans hold DWOT in very high esteem, but they really have better albums. Honestly, I find Twilight in Olympus to be more consistent, though it lacks the punch of a 20 minute song.

One of the only thing that I kind of didn't like about V was how they decided to have 5 short instrumentals that had some good ideas tossed about but the songs themselves didn't have enough time to truly get fleshed out; that and Absence of Light and Fool's Paradise were prog metal by the numbers. They kinda didn't fit too well considering the album builds up this epic atmosphere of ancient Egypt, then it's like boom average prog metal.

I love everything they do on V. Absence of Light and Fool's Paradise are two of my favorite tracks on the whole album, which I understand is not an opinion shared by all. If V wasn't a concept album, I'd be annoyed by the segues and intros, but it definitely succeeds in capturing the mood and scope they were aiming for.

That's an interesting idea.

I'd prefer the on-board version for a start, though.

Back