Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Yea kinda strange, great lineup, mediocre albums. The best material was awesome though.

That lineup was really only there for 1 album ... the split started during the making of Skyscraper. For my money, Eat 'Em and Smile is a fantastic record. I like it better than any of the Van Hagar albums. After that, the albums are hit and miss, but there are some good songs, Your Filthy Little Mouth is a good record.

Ah, I thought Skyscraper was the same lineup. I like the singles and Tobacco Road from Eat 'Em And Smile but that's about it. The only other one I've listened to is A Li'l Ain't Enough, which is okay. Jason Becker was an amazing guitarist.

I haven't put Eat em Smile on in...this millennium at least.
Mental note to dig out the vinyl when I get home.

Not a big Roth fan, but that album had moments.

I guess I didn't realize that either. I thot they were together for all of Skyscraper. Too bad it didn't last!

I am too. She needs a new car and they have a lease for $199/month which is not really much more than she spends on gas ... so assuming the car is nice, it is essentially free

The laptop is supposed to be here today. According to UPS it is out for delivery, but they usually do not come here until pretty late in the day.

Cool on the laptop!!

Wow, $199 a month?? I spend $250 a month without breaking a sweat.... what's the down payment on that? Probably something like $1500 or $2500?

I am too. She needs a new car and they have a lease for $199/month which is not really much more than she spends on gas ... so assuming the car is nice, it is essentially free

Depends on what you pay to charge it through your electric utility.

Down payment is $2000 .. there are a bunch of ***s on the deal, so we need more info.

Based on what it says it uses to charge and what our electricity rates are (they are cheap in Texas per KwH), it looks like $15 or so a month to fully charge it every night. I doubt we would need to do that, there are charging stations all over the place around here.

Oh no, I'm just saying to be cognizant of what you pay for power as well. But that sounds...well, pretty fantastic. Looking at the rates, I'd pay about $22.50 a month to charge fully every night.

Local government installed a number of public electrical charge stations in my area as incentive to get people go electric.
Right now, there are so few electric cars they rarely get used.
One guy my wife knows works near a charge station drives his electric car to work, plugs in when he shows up in the morning, unplugs when he leaves at the end of the day. I don't think he's ever had to pay a cent to power his car.

Last edited:
The other benefit to an electric car is when you park. With more and more public places adding charging stations (many free of charge), you pretty much get the parking benefit of being handicapped without the annoyance of an actual disability.

Add in using someone else's electricity to get rid of the electric cost. In reality, I would be surprised if we ended up spending $10 a month on electricity for the car. I want to see these proven out over the long term before buying one and I like the ones that have the option of using gas after the charge is gone (not a hybrid .. something like a Chevy Volt, so you have a gas option for longer trips).

So a lease seems to make sense for now. But I do think in 3 years I'll be ready for a new car and something Volt-like is what I would lean towards. Especially if the tax breaks are still in place and/or the pricing on these continues to drop

That just sounds like an awesome deal... I may hafta think about that. I mean, a new car for the price of gas I was burning to drive to work...seems no brainer.

Back