Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

There's really not much to it. I read the name and thought it sounded flashy. It's not overly common on the net, and Perun has a nice, if archaic mythology attached to him.

I stumbled on the article the above photo is from today, and after reading that people would climb on trees to get hit by lightning considering that a sign of the god's favour, I thought that speaks volumes about my relationship with people...

So that begs the question why you are named after the ancient designation for Iran.

Did I tell you that I did actually row a proper longboat last Thursday? This one, to be specific:

2876023021_84eb62e82a_o.jpg

Did you get Amon Amarth to play a set on the boat?

I just noticed that although they do Viking-themed songs, their name has fuck all to do with Norse mythology. What a let down.

The boat is actually a reconstruction of a Viking ship that was excavated in the 1880s (the Gokstad ship), and it is located at the Lofotr Viking Museum at Borg in Lofoten. Me and my mate were lucky enough to pass by during a festival where one of the attractions were to go on that boat. It was quite hard for the captain to get all the tourists on board to coordinate their rowing ...

Turns out I have a special skill. I'm the only person in the office who can change a toner cartridge. So good to be recognised for an ability. :lol:

Let me guess: There are pictpgraphic instructions at the bottom of the lid, but people first have to find the correct lid to open? :halo:

Back