Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Oh yes, Yosemite is awesome, been there a few times. Might even visit later this year.

I might check this out again, it has been a while since I have seen it and then it was on DVD, I would assume the Blu Ray looks even better .. but is was still impressive on DVD.

Wow, what a nice summer we're having! Normally we'd have temps in the high 80's-90's, but that only lasted a short while and now we're in a streak with highs of 75-80. Not only is it nice to have, but it saves on electricity from having to run the AC's all the time.

My dreams are surrealistic and melancholic, but at the same time very interesting. I constantly find little hints from my dreams that are totally connected to what I think of when I'm wide awake.

I have gone by this house ... not exactly the 9th wonder of the world, but cool

ap_Cans_ac_130729_16x9_992.jpg

There is a long article with this, this is the main part

A child of the Great Depression, John Milkovisch didn't throw anything away — not even the empty cans of beer he enjoyed each afternoon with his wife.​
So, in the early 1970s when aluminum siding on houses was all the rage, he lugged down the cans he had stored in his attic for years, painstakingly cut open and flattened each one and began to wallpaper his home.​
"The funny thing is that it wasn't ... to attract attention," said Ruben Guevara, head of restoration and preservation of the Beer Can House in Houston's Memorial Park area. "He said himself that if there was a house similar to this a block away, he wouldn't take the time to go look at it. He had no idea what was the fascination about what he was doing."​
Milkovisch passed away in the mid-1980s, but his wife, Mary, still lived there. Her sons would do work from time to time, replacing rusty steel cans with new ones and restoring a hurricane-destroyed beer wall. And when they feared for her safety because of the gawkers, they put up a privacy fence, embedding beer cans in that as well.​
The neighborhood has rapidly transformed since Mary Milkovisch's death in the mid-1990s, going from a working middle-class area to today's condo- and loft-lined upper-class sector. But the home remains a well-known entity.​
Determined to preserve this accidental piece of folk art, local nonprofit Orange Show Center for Visionary Art bought the property about 10 years ago, began a careful restoration of the house and opened it to the public.​
"It shows the human nature of the individual is supreme. You can take the simplest thing, and it can actually affect a lot of other people," said Houston resident Patrick Louque, who lived in the area when it was John Milkovisch's pet project. "It's totally grabbed me, and it's probably totally grabbed the imagination of more people than I could possibly imagine."​

I've been forcing myself to at least get up before noon, even if I didn't sleep much. Otherwise my daily rhythm tends to spiral out of control pretty quickly.

I need a cup of coffee...

Back