Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I would like to notify everyone here that we are now starting to plan for Wacken 2014 here.

Fuck Dubai and their medieval, sexist attitudes.

Just read of a Norwegian woman who, while on a work-related travel to Dubai earlier this year, was raped by a colleague. When she reported this to the police, the response was "do you come to us because you didn't enjoy it?". Then she was arrested herself, and sentenced to 16 months in prison for the following horrible crimes:

• Drinking alcohol
  • Sex outside of marriage
  • False testimony
If I have the correct understanding of the shariah law as it is being practiced in the Emirates, a woman's testimony is worth less than a man's regardless of circumstances. A paradise for thosw who want to rape people and get away with it.

One of my office-mates has told our boss that he refuses to go to the Middle East for work. Cases like this make me respect that decision more. (His main reason, he says, is the way foreign workers are treated there. He can't stand it).

If I have the correct understanding of the shariah law as it is being practiced in the Emirates, a woman's testimony is worth less than a man's regardless of circumstances. A paradise for thosw who want to rape people and get away with it.

It's not just the testimony thing, but the fact that a woman who gets raped is the one who commits adultery by the shari'a. Which has led to some unbelievable lawsuits. This is all the arguments you need against religious law.

Incidentally, I think we even had that discussion in Stockholm at some point.

998227_583358545042660_299452700_n.jpg

Home. Fuck, after a long day of work, then working on some random pc's after work, then driving home, I'm bored off my ass at home. I'm watching season 3 of 70's show for the millionth time. Meh. And I'm out of beer.

Wasted, if you are leaving on a beer run, I'd advise against Sunchaser.
I thought cream ale was supposed to be smooth.
Not buying that one again.

I was drinking Blue Moon. But it was my last one. I am kinda in the mood for a Summer Shandy.

In other news, I'm trying to decide if I've found a bike I want to buy....

00t0t_iRmqa8AKIaE_600x450.jpg

Back