Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Buy it.

I am putting the finishing touches on what looks like rather awesome stir fry.

Pork slivers, shredded purple onion, snow peas, carrots, apple and sesame seeds, all in a poppy seed dressing.
Love these clean out the cupboard meals.

Man, that sounds great! I totally fucked off dinner and had a cheese sandwich and potato chips.

I am thinking seriously about it.... Meh, it means a 2 hour road trip, but that's ok!

This might be of moderate interest ... I was in Astoria, OR earlier today. Interesting history of the town, at one point is was somewhat divided into 3 sections, Finns to the south... there is still a Suomi Hall there and a Finnish Brotherhood building. A Swedish section in the middle of town .. I did not see anything Swedish there, and Norwegian in the north part of town. There was a Sons of Norway section there.

There was apparently a large emigration to the Pacific Northwest from these 3 countries in the 1880s.

It is interesting to see European Enclaves in the US. There are massive Polish sections in Chicago, going through Texas, you run into German towns, some of which have street and business signs in German, the town of West, TX which was in the news for the explosion is a Czech town .. the have a Czech-fest every year. I have stopped there a few times (it is on the road from Dallas to San Antonio/Austin) and eat at a Czech eatery and a bakery .. it is a nice little town.

I just read that the word admiral derives from Arabic amir-al bahr. You learn something new every day.

Awkwardness on my break at work... Minding my own business and a whole bunch of guys are standing around near me having a conversation. Makes me feel a tad uncomfortable...

We've just been told we can leave work now, over an hour early. This is unheard of. Time to go and check on my own ice cube tray.

Awkwardness on my break at work... Minding my own business and a whole bunch of guys are standing around near me having a conversation. Makes me feel a tad uncomfortable...

Just join in. I remember having a conversation about contact lenses at work once, although I'm not visually impaired and just tied together everything I remembered my friends ever told me about them.

I love this:

1000138_10151744009526940_755696274_n.jpg

"How are you paying for this, sir? Visa or MasterCard?"
"Master! Master!"

We've just been told we can leave work now, over an hour early. This is unheard of. Time to go and check on my own ice cube tray.

Due to the way the page opened, and put your comment at the bottom, I was somewhat confused... it sounded like you were using 'ice cube tray' as an alternative to "Hell's freezing over!". It wasn't until I saw Perun's comment that I understood.

I too have been making Ice Cubes this week for the first time in probably 10 years... it's just too hot.. seriously too hot. Not helped by me having these vivariums in my room either.

Ha ha! I might work up that ice cube expression into a general figure of speech in future.

And it's like being in one big vivarium right now.

Just join in. I remember having a conversation about contact lenses at work once, although I'm not visually impaired and just tied together everything I remembered my friends ever told me about them.
Erm...they were kind of sketchy so that wasn't going to happen.

Back