Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Never done drugs either. I guess it was a bit of a mark of pride in my younger days.
These days though, I just don't really care.
Drug abuse is a bad thing. Recreational drug use is just another diversion.
For most usually harmless fun.

Oh yeah, I definitely don't care what people do, as long as they're not hurting others. It's just not for me.

Me too. Was very happy to see it legalized in my state last year.

Can't stand the stuff though

I think the total number of times I tried drugs is six. I wanted to see what it was like and I tried different types, but never the really serious ones. I found out it wasn't my thing.

Criminalizing pot is just such a waste of resources, never mind the fact that it actually creates criminals out of people who have no desire to hurt anyone. Or the fact that the health risks or no worse than so many other legal products.

I have never been a big fan of pot, but if booze and cigarettes are legal, pot certainly should be as well. Too many people in jail for it. Too many resources used fighting it.

I think the total number of times I tried drugs is six. I wanted to see what it was like and I tried different types, but never the really serious ones. I found out it wasn't my thing.

See that I can respect. I have no idea how old you were, but it was very adult approach, as opposed to so many adults who act like they are school kids on the topic.

I tried several, I was not a huge fan of pot because I usually fell asleep, I was high strung enough, so speed/cocaine was not for me. The one and only drug I ever cared for was LSD. I probably did it once a month from 3 or 4 years (17-21 or somewhere around there). I would do that one again, but probably not much else. I really do not even drink all that much any more ... or at least not very often

Me too. Was very happy to see it legalized in my state last year.

Can't stand the stuff though
For the life of me, I can't understand why it is still illegal here. Very few people think it should be, but not enough people in power are willing to push for change. The common excuse was because they were caving to American interests, but now it's our neighbours who have eased off.

For the life of me, I can't understand why it is still illegal here. Very few people think it should be, but not enough people in power are willing to push for change. The common excuse was because they were caving to American interests, but now it's our neighbours who have eased off.

I think attitudes are changing on pot to the point where they will become legal ... maybe not real soon in the US, but I think it is destined to happen .. more a matter of when than if.

Thanks Brig!
After buying concert tickets at some point last year I got a free subscription to Rolling Stone magazine. It was only supposed to last three months, but they kept sending me issues each week for about a year, accompanied by cards saying, "don't let the issues stop, renew now, pretty please," or the like. I never did, even though it was dirt cheap, because it seemed to me that RS had lost touch with the national consciousness. From putting laughably unhip teen stars on the cover to its six-months-too-late coverage to its "every album gets at least three stars" critical reviews, RS certainly was no longer the cultural force I remembered from my youth. But I had no idea just how out of touch RS really was until today. Putting the Boston bomber on the cover might be the dumbest, lamest attempt to regain publicity and relevance I've ever seen. Forget that it's horribly insensitive -- as I taught my six-year-old, "no duh." It's also stupid. People aren't going to buy that issue on newsstands and a lot of people are boycotting the magazine and cancelling their subscriptions. Wow, did RS misread its audience. I guess there really IS such a thing as bad PR. "New Coke" may have been a better business decision than this -- which is saying something. (For those of you born after 1985, just Google it.)
Read it?
The photo: this was an older photo that was already in the NY Times. And the article tries to find an explanation for what he did. What's wrong with that? Freedom of expression. It's all in the constitution.

By now, it should be known that Rolling Stone has been known for such actions. They had Charles Manson on the cover and the inside story was very good. Hitler was on Time magazine and nobody gave a fuck back then.

Well, they sure got what they wanted: attention.

Colorado has a pretty big pot culture. Not as big as what you'd find in California, but it's close. Medical marijuana was legal for a couple years before and that was huge. Would've been very surprised if it didn't get legalized last year. Hopefully people will see that Colorado hasn't gone to hell and follow the example.

Read it?
The photo: this was an older photo that was already in the NY Times. And the article tries to find an explanation for what he did.

You miss the point. No one minds that a magazine writes an article about this guy, or that it uses a wire photo with the article. The point is, the turds at Rolling Stone picked a really good photo and put it on the cover, because he's young and (I'm told) good-looking, and they want to sell magazines. It's despicable.

Back