Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

sigh

volume_zps1759aa24.png

One day... one day...

It's crap ... no 11 on there.

Really? What do you think of it?

It's been good. I've been a fan of track cycling since the Sydney Olympics when Jason Quealy won gold in the 1km time trial, and it helped that the British cyclists have won a lot of medals in the last few Olympics! Road cycling is a lot harder to get into but Bradley Wiggins' victory in last year's Tour encouraged me to give it a shot. I followed La Vuelta a Espana and the Tour of Britain at the end of summer last year which helped me to understand the tactics of the stages. Since I've been able to watch most of each stage live I've realized that the first hour is essentially a history and geography lesson because nothing happens, but each stage builds up nicely with either a tense final few kilometres before a bunch sprint or the unfolding of the tactics of the climbers.

Tour de France is awesome, despite the performance enhancing drugs related stuff of the recent. Though you need great commentators to watch a full stage because most of the time nothing ever happens. It's the waiting process that makes the attacks, surprises so worthy, kinda like football. Though since it's much longer, good commentators are a must. The channel I follow the tour from is Eurosport Turkey and its commentators are very knowledgeable and funny. They're the reason why I started following it intensely, actually.

Shame it probably has lost its interesting stuff in yellow maillot at an early stage (8th) since Chris Froome and Team Sky dominated the first climbing etape.

My '88 F150 had been sitting for a year and a half or so. I may have posted, but I drug it out of retirement to get it running recently. I had the old girl running, drove 35 miles to a friends house to haul some rock for a project, and it died when we got back home. Yep, no running at all. I spent a day most of my Independence Day under it (plus some time the night before) and I finally found the problem, replaced some fuel line and got it back running again! I'm getting a large ego; I can fix anything!

Back