Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

(Movie) soundtracks can be unbelievably good.
There's some soundtracks out there that I really like. Blade Runner is good (Maiden used the ending credits for the 1986 tour opening).

If you haven't already, check out anything and everything that Hans Zimmer has done. He's the best film composer since John Williams, as far as I'm concerned. Inception was mindblowing, Dark Knight was chilling, and Lion King was just plain awesome.

My dad and I always sell light up LED novelties at the local fireworks show. It's pretty wild because we get mobbed with customers, but it's a lot of fun too.

There's some soundtracks out there that I really like. Blade Runner is good (Maiden used the ending credits for the 1986 tour opening).

If you haven't already, check out anything and everything that Hans Zimmer has done. He's the best film composer since John Williams, as far as I'm concerned. Inception was mindblowing, Dark Knight was chilling, and Lion King was just plain awesome.

I have checked out quite some stuff by Zimmer, powerful, definitely, but not my favourite. The best soundtrack for me is that of a video game. That along with Cannibal Holocaust are the only 2 that after dozens of listens still remain hard to listen to because of the immense emotional and nostalgic impact. If I had one composition to listen to till the end of my days, one of my choices would be the 2-hour epic below. There's just loads of atmosphere around it and never ceases to amaze me, especially when playing the game itself, but that's a whole 'nother story.

I have checked out quite some stuff by Zimmer, powerful, definitely, but not my favourite. The best soundtrack for me is that of a video game. That along with Cannibal Holocaust are the only 2 that after dozens of listens still remain hard to listen to because of the immense emotional and nostalgic impact. If I had one composition to listen to till the end of my days, one of my choices would be the 2-hour epic below. There's just loads of atmosphere around it and never ceases to amaze me, especially when playing the game itself, but that's a whole 'nother story.

Video game soundtracks can be cool too. Anything from an old console is certain to make me feel nostalgic. Doom is definitely a good one.

I have one more week to vacation, but I'll probably take one day off next week. A lot of "have a nice summer" wishes at work today, as a new batch of colleagues were starting their vacation today (several did so one week ago)

Drove from Danzig/Gdansk to Coburg Germany today .. long drive. Going to hit the Castle, Palace, and the best sausage vendor in the universe tomorrow, then drive to Frankfurt, turn in the car, spend the night at a hotel by the airport and fly home Sunday.

actually I have not been here ... but the ones here were awesome last time, heads and shoulders above any others I have had at home or in Europe.

There's a really nice, old-fashioned place in Regensburg right by the Danube bridge that sells authentic bratwurst, and you sit by the river bank. Best bratwurst I ever had.

I might try that sometime ... if you are near Coburg ... try the guy with the cart in the pedestrian area of the town square. Last time I was here, I was not hungry and all and I ate two of them they were so good ... was thinking about a third, but I think I would have been sick if I ate anything else

I'll keep that in mind. Coburg is close to Thuringia, so I guess they ought to be good.

.. should say ... Gdansk was cool and the arena was nice with good sound. If you are looking for a future tour road trip, I'd consider going there .. lot of stuff to do and pretty cheap with the exchange rate

Back