Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Who said so?
And WMV is the most common format, and it sucks to convert to a format that's twice the size and not better in quality.

I said so.

And the reason .wmv to MPEG-4 is twice the size and not better in quality is because the quality you're converting FROM is crap. .wmv compression rips out so much that it can't be restored at all. MPEG-4 is the best looking video out there natively. Besides, you've already said you have more space than you can use, so why complain?

Download in better quality and spend the space on it.

No one uploades MP4 videos, anywhere.
That's one.
The second reason is that because of how much Itunes suck, I have to have the videos on my pc, or else the videos will be deleted when I sync.
So I can't have such large videos on my computer.

Mega said:
No one uploades MP4 videos, anywhere.
That's one.
The second reason is that because of how much Itunes suck, I have to have the videos on my pc, or else the videos will be deleted when I sync.
So I can't have such large videos on my computer.

Then don't sync, select the "transfer files manually".  Or select the option not to sync videos (which I think should keep existing videos on your iPod).  Or buy an external hard drive, the cheap ones are a fraction of the cost of an iPod.  I've got a 250 gig one that cost 60 €.

That option doesn't work for some reason.
And I have a 500 gig external hard drive, it's close to being full, and I don't need some MP4's to fill it up completely.

Yeah, do you know what I did last time that happened? I got another hard drive.

Manually managing your content means you get to manage your iPod using iTunes as a file organizer, but because you can't sync back non-purchased content, it'd suck anyway. Of course, you could always reduce the resolution of high-volume films to match your iPod screen resolution then sync them. They'd look just as good as a .wmv then.

Money doesn't just grow on Maiden discs you know ;)
And about the files, I know.
And then I'm stuck with a bunch of low res movies.
I did it for several episodes of that 70's show, and it just ate up so much space I had to delete it.
Now I don't have that 70's show.

I'll buy a new player next year.

I rather like my iPod, but I also have a $3000 rig with tons of internal storage racks, so space isn't much of a much to me. Besides, what I do is convert it to mpeg4 and then delete the mpeg4 once I sync it.

mkv is another shitty codec.

.avi is much nicer, and that's what I tend to convert from. But to be honest - you should have looked into what works on an iPod before buying one. Imagine all the bitching you wouldn't have to do!

I haven't messed with too many other types of mp3/video players, but my iPod (when working) worked really well.  I honestly think something happened to it when my son borrowed it and took it to school, otherwise it worked flawlessly.  I (mostly) prefer itunes, but I've been using it for the last 4+ years and am pretty used to the way it works.  I don't have a lot of experience with video, tho. 

In other news, its Tuesday; I'm changing F days:  F Tuesdays!

F Thursdays. I've got a presentation tomorrow and no clue what to say.

Ah, well then practice makes perfect!

I had a friend as me what she should do her 'argumentative english lit' paper on.  I said 'universal health care' since every one likes to argue about it  :innocent:

Perun said:
F Thursdays. I've got a presentation tomorrow and no clue what to say.

"Hi, my name is Perun, and I'm a metalholic"
Last night's episode of Deadliest Warrior was sick.

Back