Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Bahahaha. "In the Pale Moonlight", whererin Sisko bring the Romulans into the Dominion War. The Romulan senator is from my town.

I have to move my sister tomorrow.....so drunk.

@LC- good episode- i'll hafta go watch that one...

@LC & Per, sounds great!  wish i was anywhere drinkin something...

enjoy all the moving.

Perun said:
The problem is, tomorrow is 1. May. In Germany it's Labour Day (probably same as all over Europe), and in Berlin in particular that means all the leftists are going to revolt against "authorities"

Heh, in Finland that's "get yourself wasted"-day where people drink more booze than any other day of the year and then cause trouble around the city (mostly downtown).  Not politically charged, but equally troublesome. 

The day has lost some of its political edge in Norway, I'd say. There are still parades and demonstrations, but traditional topics like worker's rights aren't that much in focus anymore. Instead we have those angry leftists going on about boycotting this and that which they don't like. Boycott Israel, Norwegian troops out of Afghanistan and so on. The theme most closely in keeping with the traditional May 1st-demonstrations would have to be slogans against social dumping - we have lots of underpaid Eastern European workers here, particularly from Poland and the Baltic states.

However, the demonstrations are mostly peaceful and the biggest talking point tomorrow will be whether the Prime Minister was drunk during his May 1st-speech or not. (he is usually invited to speak at the May 1st party of some local division of the Norwegian Labour Party, and last year it was pretty obvious he'd had more than a couple of beers  :D I'd say let him drink, even the Prime Minister needs a day off now and then!)

For myself, the day has traditionally been a good day for changing from winter tires to summer tires on my car. Not this time - the forecast says snow tomorrow  :mad:

In addition, I totally forgot about it yesterday, and now I can't get hold of beer until Monday  :mad: :mad:

Digression: Rules for sale of beer in Norway.

Beer stronger than 4,75 percent alcohol by volume is not allowed for sale in grocery stores, and is sold together with wine and spirits in "Vinmonopolet" - government owned retailers for all alcoholic beverages stronger than 4.75 % ABV.

Beer and other alcoholic beverages with an alcohol content between 2.3 and 4.7 % are allowed sold in grocery stores, but only between 7 AM and 8 PM (Monday-Friday) and 8AM - 6 PM (Saturdays). On Sundays, and all other days marked in red in the calendar, as well as after 8 PM on weekdays, only beverages with less than 2.3 % are allowed sold.

To make things even more complicated: On some days that come before a holiday, the sale stops at 4 PM. This applies to Christmas Eve, Easter Eve and the Saturday before Pentecost Sunday, as well as New Years Eve.

Also, on the Saturday before our parliamentary election (it is always on a Sunday and the following Monday), the sale stops at 4 PM, and on the election Monday beer is not allowed sold.

In addition, on all the red days, grocery stores are not allowed to be open unless they have a floor area of 100 square meters or less.

Now that explains why I've never seen a sober Norwegian in Germany.

OK, so I know where the first 5 keys get thrown, the seas of Hate, Fear, Senselessness, Greed, and Ignorance.... where do the 6th and 7th keys go?

I really do wonder why they never told us. Anybody know if they throw them away on the third album?

Although this did prompt me to play the track for the first time in two years or so. It's certainly the very best moment in power metal history.

Thanks!  figures there's no good answer... sorta like why did the hypnotist really kill Nicholas?
Perun said:
Although this did prompt me to play the track for the first time in two years or so. It's certainly the very best moment in power metal history.

Damn straight there.  One of my all time favs (tho, you're not a big Helloween fan, are you Per?)

Or who the hades Benjamin Breeg is. Steve still owes us an answer to that one, four years later.

Yeah!  I was thinking about that one, but thot that maybe someone knew it.

Wait, who killed sister Mary?  Was it Nicky?

Eddies Wingman said:
Digression: Rules for sale of beer in Norway.

Beer stronger than 4,75 percent alcohol by volume is not allowed for sale in grocery stores, and is sold together with wine and spirits in "Vinmonopolet" - government owned retailers for all alcoholic beverages stronger than 4.75 % ABV.

Beer and other alcoholic beverages with an alcohol content between 2.3 and 4.7 % are allowed sold in grocery stores, but only between 7 AM and 8 PM (Monday-Friday) and 8AM - 6 PM (Saturdays). On Sundays, and all other days marked in red in the calendar, as well as after 8 PM on weekdays, only beverages with less than 2.3 % are allowed sold.

To make things even more complicated: On some days that come before a holiday, the sale stops at 4 PM. This applies to Christmas Eve, Easter Eve and the Saturday before Pentecost Sunday, as well as New Years Eve.

Also, on the Saturday before our parliamentary election (it is always on a Sunday and the following Monday), the sale stops at 4 PM, and on the election Monday beer is not allowed sold.

In addition, on all the red days, grocery stores are not allowed to be open unless they have a floor area of 100 square meters or less.

Sounds awfully much like Finland, except we can buy alcohol up to 9 P.M. :P  And as far as I know, you can also buy alcohol from grocery stores on Sundays, though I don't think I ever have. Stores are usually closed on Sundays.

Wasted CLV said:
Damn straight there.  One of my all time favs (tho, you're not a big Helloween fan, are you Per?)

Not a big fan at all, but there are some tracks I do like a lot, among them Keeper. Helloween is one of those bands where after evaluating their discography, I've come to the conclusion that a best of and/or live album is all I need. Grave Digger is another such case, although they are really great live.

Although I think I'd buy used LP copies of the first three albums if I ever come across them. As cheesy and clichéd as they are, I really love the cover artworks, and they really only make a proper impression in LP format.

Invader said:
Sounds awfully much like Finland, except we can buy alcohol up to 9 P.M. :P  And as far as I know, you can also buy alcohol from grocery stores on Sundays, though I don't think I ever have. Stores are usually closed on Sundays.

Yes, but beer and booze is a lot cheaper in your realms  :D I experienced that when I went to a conference in Helsinki in 2007.

As I said, most grocery stores are closed on Sundays in Norway, too. The law change that allowed small stores to be open on Sundays, came not many years ago. Here in Trondheim where I live, I think there are three or four stores that are open on Sundays. Fortunately I live 400 meters away from one of them.

LooseCannon said:
What's wrong with it?

it says 'battery is very low' then resets to the apple screen (both screens are very dark) then goes to a bright screen with the triangle and sad/sick looking ipod.  I've tried to reset it and tried putting it in disk mode, but nothing.  it was on the charger for a day.  I called apple, and I think that it is having a hardware failure... its over 3 years old.

Back