Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I may do that, thanks!  I youtubed (is that a word?)  them, and the music isn't too bad.  Sort of a 'Dream Theateresque' progressive style. 

Wasted CLV said:
Hey, has anyone here listened to Shadow Gallery?  I'm sure that someone here has written about them; a friend told me I should start listening to them, just wondered if anyone here had an opinion? 

I flippin' LOVE Shadow Gallery. You haven't heard prog metal until you've heard "The Crusher".

That is what I was looking for.  I figured if you, SMX, or Onhell (both Dream Theater fans) thought it was good, I'd probably enjoy it. 

Thanks for the info!!

Correction: Sie starben mit ihren Stiefeln an, sie starben...

Even though it sounds silly in German. ;)

Danke, i don't practice my German frequently enough, so I do some silly mistakes - like using the wrong preposition.

Don't you use that expression in German? I thought it was common in all of Europe. To die with your boots on ("Å dø med støvlene på") is frequently used in Norwegian as well.

No, that expression doesn't exist in German... and at the moment I can't think of any other with that meaning either.

Rotam said:
I will learn german, someday.   -_-

Me too, it's pretty awesome how you can say you love someone and sound like you want him dead.

BTW, what does "Die with your boots on" even mean?

I'm not gonna get this right, but I believe it is an Old West (USA) term to mean that if you are going to die, do it while doing something, rather than in your bed.  Die fighting the 'injuns', die stealing cattle, riding your horse across the range, climbing a mountain, building your farm, etc.

It means to die standing, "in your trade", so to say. This as opposed to dying a slow death in bed. I guess I would prefer to die while chopping wood or watching football than dying in a hospital bed ... maybe not if dying while chopping wood meant I killed myself with the axe, or dying while watching football meant to be murdered by some hooligan  :S

And I can see Wasted has already explained it well.

My biggest problem is that I'll probably die with my running shoes on, or skater shoes.... I only wear my boots in the winter.

So do I. However, in middle Norway where I live, the winter lasts from medio November to ultimo March, so if I die standing it's about 5/12 chance of it being with boots on  :D

I have two pair of biker boots, a pair of engineer boots, and two different types of motorcycle racing boots.

I just watched the Superbowl half-time performance by The Who. Not bad. Definitely not bad.

Back