Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

As of tomorrow at noon I'm done with Citizenship studies (It's just called "Cirizenship" as a subject here).
Can't wait!

Albie said:
Believe me, you can get some very, very mediocre Cheddar. But if you do get a good quality mature Cheddar, you just can't beat it.

I remember having tasted a Cheddar that a British restaurateur brought in our resto.
We tasted it with a Cotes du Rhone white wine and some French charcuterie -quite nice moment it was  :)

Mega said:
Well, it's the basics of democracy and the israeli govermant I guess. You have to pass it to get our "high school diploma".

Is true that you don't have constitution ? And that non Jewish citizen can not vote ?

Will-I-Am said:
Is true that you don't have constitution ? And that non Jewish citizen can not vote ?

Yes about the constitution, no about the voting thing. We have a bunch of rules in some format, but I don't remember what right now.

Ok. What about Jewish immigration ? Let's say a Jewish that was born and grew up in France.
He don't speak Hebrew. Can he obtain the citizenship like this only cause he's Jewish ?

I remember a French woman there. She had move and live in Israel just like this. Very easy.
I forgot to ask her if she speaks the language though.

...Israel is a strange country. Western and oriental the same time.
The religion thing and how people live with that makes me thing the Arabic people. In better version (wine & sex  ;)).
Some other things like the urban organization and public services brings in mind the west...

Mega said:
Well, it's the basics of democracy and the israeli govermant I guess. You have to pass it to get our "high school diploma".

We have the same requirement here, though I don't recall if it is a state or federal regulation.  We have to take a semester of US Constitution and the subject matter that surrounds it.

Will-I-Am said:
Ok. What about Jewish immigration ? Let's say a Jewish that was born and grew up in France.
He don't speak Hebrew. Can he obtain the citizenship like this only cause he's Jewish ?

I remember a French woman there. She had move and live in Israel just like this. Very easy.
I forgot to ask her if she speaks the language though.

...Israel is a strange country. Western and oriental the same time.
The religion thing and how people live with that makes me thing the Arabic people. In better version (wine & sex  ;)).
Some other things like the urban organization and public services brings in mind the west...

Yeah, he can, according to something called "Law of Return".
Yep, it's a strange country, but it's not as religous as you might think, we have freedom of religion just like every other country.

Mega said:
Yep, it's a strange country, but it's not as religous as you might think, we have freedom of religion just like every other country.

No, in everyday life, religion is not so present as in Arabic countries, not at all.

Mega said:

What is amazing is that there is a similar law in Germany. Anybody who has German parents or grandparents is considered German and eligible for German citizenship. The result is that there is quite a bunch of Russian-Germans here who don't speak a word of German but are full-fleshed German citizens, can live on welfare and commit crimes without having to fear of being expelled.

I'm not saying that all Russian-Germans are like that, or that they are like that by definition, but enough to notice it are.

It's somewhat like that with russian jews here.
Although most of them aren't even jewish, can't figure out for the life of me how the hell they got a citizenship.

Back