Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Good: No more phone calls at work, now doing emails.
Bad: 2 weeks of boring ass training.

Good: Allowed to have iPods.
Bad: I forgot to put all the audiobooks and music on mine.

Good: My iPod is loaded up with tv shows and movies.
Bad: They aren't in a Quicktime friendly format.

Good: Some idiot gave me admin access to install apps on my training computer.

LC wins!

I need a computer nerd to explain to me what a .docx file is and why I can't properly open it in Word. The files I am trying to read are apparently completely written in Persian (Arabic) characters, so could that be a reason?

.docx refers to the new form of .doc.  It can only be opened by Office 2007 or later natively.  If you have the Persian fonts installed that wouldn't be the problem, I would imagine you would.

Damn, I have Office 2002. I'll try to print them out at the computer pool tomorrow then, hoping they have Persian fonts installed.

You can try the newest version of OpenOffice, it should read docx.

At the part in Star Trek where Kirk meets McCoy.  Boy, did Karl Urban nail that role down to the letter.  I think he's the closest of all the new actors to the original portrayal, in this case by DeForrest Kelley.

Latest Star Trek movie ain't Star Trek.

Captain Kirk driving Mustang and listening to Beastie Boys on some Nokia gadget. C'mon...

Nah, I liked it.  Of course it isn't the Trek we grew up watching, that 'already happened'.  This is new and different, and the best movie since Khank got Spock killed.

The thing is, we knew Kirk when he was more 'polished'.  He'd paid his dues and had been captain for a while.  This is the Kirk that got his ass handed to him by that Irish bloke at the academy.  The brash one that hasn't gotten the egdes polished yet. 

I agree. 

I loved the part in the cave, where young Kirk met old Spock, and he said "...I have been, and always shall be, your friend..."

Is it rewritten to be more action-oriented?  Of course.  That's how it is.  But the script is classic Trek.

Not perfect, but extremely good.  On this, my 20th time watching the flick or so, there are a few things that bother me.

Meh, you could watch anything enough times to find flaws.  Overall, I stick with the best Star Trek since II.

Back