Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

So give them books.

Watched Insurrection, and here are my thoughts:

Thought 1. Jonathan Frakes just inserted the Riker-Troi romance so he could have an excuse to be naked in a bath with Marina Sirtis.
Thought 2. I need to direct more Star Trek movies.

Perun said:
If I had it my way, people don't need to give me anything at all for Christmas... I just like the calm days, time spent with my family and the rest. There's a sort of warmth and comfort only to be experienced at Christmas, and that's all I want... that and my family's traditional Christmas dish, which is always worth a year's wait.
:ok:

Couldn't agree anymore perun.

Wasted CLV said:
honestly, i love to give books.  

That sounds like a good parent. I know many kids don't appreciate that for a long time, but they will come to.

LooseCannon said:
Thought 1. Jonathan Frakes just inserted the Riker-Troi romance so he could have an excuse to be naked in a bath with Marina Sirtis.

Can you blame him?

Thought 2. I need to direct more Star Trek movies.

I remember my brother once telling me his idea for a Trek film, and I thought to myself, "I really hope he'll never become a director." Among other things, it involved Data falling in love and having to choose between that and Geordi's friendship. Ugh.
I never actually thought of a Star Trek plot, but regarding TNG, I always thought there was so much more you could do with the characters.

In other news, it now appears I don't only have that Turkish pop singer in my house (Nush would know what I'm talking about) but an opera singer moved in. Great.

I can imagine that is not funny, but sorry.. that post is so funny!  
Looking forward to read more about that in a future blog.  :D

If things are going to continue the way they are there will be a long rant at the end of the week.

I spent several hours last night translating a Persian satirical poem - not my favourite genre of literature, much less so if half the vocabulary is unknown and half of that can't be found in the dictionary you just bought for 68 bloody Euros - only to learn the course I had to do this for as homework won't take place today because the teacher is ill.
Of course, this means less workload for a week, which is good... but I can't really be happy about that at the moment.

And now it seems like I really have to install Open Office. Not happy.

It's alright, Open Office is up and running... but seems to distort Powerpoint formatting. Unless a co-student of mine really has no sense of aesthetics.

That goes in the general direction of what I need, but I can't talk about Metallica. Plus, I don't really wan to read any of those survivor threads, especially not right now...

I found something. About the iberian lynx. Sue me.

Here's an actual conversation I was engaged in a few weeks ago.

"What are you reading?" "Twilight." "Oh, that's that series about pedophile vampires, right?" "Yeah, it's so beautiful."

I'm guessing she didn't hear the word "pedophile".

LooseCannon said:
You can try the newest version of OpenOffice, it should read docx.
You can certainly create a .docx in OpenOffice, so I would assume you can open  them - but I can't verify that last bit as I don't have any .docx files. And, Perun, I'm sure there is .docx to .doc converters out there that may help. I googled .docx and found some sites, but again I don't have either Microsoft Office or a .docx file to try them out.

LooseCannon said:
At the part in Star Trek where Kirk meets McCoy.  Boy, did Karl Urban nail that role down to the letter.  I think he's the closest of all the new actors to the original portrayal, in this case by DeForrest Kelley.
I could not agree more.

Had I only seen that.  ;)

Wasted is up in Chicago, working with my bro-in-law, climbing water towers-- kinda cool, even in a snow storm!

Back