Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

My day wasn't wasted but I right now I am certainly not in the best mood. A friend of mine (whom I had not seen in 5 years, and who lives 200 km away from me) came over and recorded some nice guitar parts for a new song of mine. We were busy for at least an hour.

Half an hour after he left I thought: "Cool, I am so happy with this, I'll call another friend (who does the voice in Talescape) and play him the recordings over the phone".

I called him, I turned on the recorder, selected the song and then this happened: Card read error.

:huh:

Perhaps the song can still be saved, I back-upped the contents of the recorder, stored them on my computer, but I am not sure how damaged or how old it is. Big chance it's lost and then we can start all over again. The worst thing is that he might be around in 4 or 5 months or something.

Anyway... we'll see, to be continued.

Since my woman came here I haven't really cooked. I do other stuff though, but cooking is her job. I don't miss it at all...

Forostar said:
My day wasn't wasted but I right now I am certainly not in the best mood. A friend of mine (whom I had not seen in 5 years, and who lives 200 km away from me) came over and recorded some nice guitar parts for a new song of mine. We were busy for at least an hour.

Half an hour after he left I thought: "Cool, I am so happy with this, I'll call another friend (who does the voice in Talescape) and play him the recordings over the phone".

I called him, I turned on the recorder, selected the song and then this happened: Card read error.

:huh:

Perhaps the song can still be saved, I back-upped the contents of the recorder, stored them on my computer, but I am not sure how damaged or how old it is. Big chance it's lost and then we can start all over again. The worst thing is that he might be around in 4 or 5 months or something.

Anyway... we'll see, to be continued.

This sucks  :( Let's hope you'll save it

128862185116632686.jpg

Why are voters so stupid?
Toronto recently won the bid for the Pan Am games in 2015.  I know of at least 6 cities in southern Ontario that will host these events, and there are probably more.  The voters were so gung ho over getting the games, especially since this part of Canada hasn't had international games since Hamilton hosted the first Commonwealth games in 1930.  But now that the games are a reality, voters are complaining that the games will be too expensive, and that they don't want a new soccer stadium, velodrome, football stadium, etc. in their neighbourhood even though the plans have been clear before the bid.  :nuts2:

NIMBYS.  It's worth it, and if Halifax's bid for the Commonwealth Games is any sign, withdrawing at this point is just as expensive.

Genghis Khan said:
Yeah damn NIMBYS.  ;)
When is Halifax bidding?

They had a bid in for the 2010 games, new stadium, the whole shebang - it was going to cost like $1.2 billion, people bitched out after awhile.  It cost us $800 million to cancel the bid in total.  Might as well have kept going, we would have gotten *some* money back.

LooseCannon said:
They had a bid in for the 2010 games, new stadium, the whole shebang - it was going to cost like $1.2 billion, people bitched out after awhile.  It cost us $800 million to cancel the bid in total.  Might as well have kept going, we would have gotten *some* money back.

As soon as I hit send last night, I remembered reading something about it.  The thing is people are often conflicted as they don't know how much the thing is going to cost from the get go.

Here's a tip for all those of you who, like me, have trouble getting out of bed in the morning: Set your alarm to Panzer Division Marduk. It's like waking up to the Second World War, and for a moment I actually thought the Russians were back.

D#||-----5--------------5-----|-----5--------------5-----|
A#||-----------6-----5-----6--|-----------6-----5-----6|
F#||--------7-----------------|--------7-------------------|
C#||--0-----------7-----------|--0-----------7-----------|
G#||--------------------------|-----------------------------|
D#||--------------------------|-----------------------------|

-----6--------------6-----|-----6--------------6-----|
-----------6-----------6--|-----------6-----------6--|
--------7--------9--------|--------7--------9--------|
--0-----------8-----------|--0-----------8-----------|
---------------------------|----------------------------|

-----8---------------8-----|-----8---------------8-----|
-----------8------------8--|-----------8------------8--|
--------9---------9--------|--------9---------9--------|
--0-----------10----------|--0-----------10-----------|
----------------------------|-----------------------------|
----------------------------|----------------------------|

-----5--------------5------|-----5--------------5-----|
-----------6-----5-----6--|-----------6-----------6--|
--------7------------------|--------7--------7--------|
--0-----------7-----------|--0-----------7-----------|

-----5--------------5------|-----5--------------5------|
-----------6-----5-----6--|-----------6-----5-----6--|
--------7------------------|--------7-------------------|
--0-----------7-----------|--0-----------7------------|

-----6--------------6-----|-----6--------------6-----|
-----------6-----------6--|-----------6-----------6--|
--------7--------9--------|--------7--------9--------|
--0-----------8-----------|--0-----------8-----------|
----------------------------|---------------------------|
----------------------------|---------------------------|

-----8---------------8------|-----8---------------8-----|
-----------8------------8---|-----------8------------8--|
--------9---------9---------|--------9---------9--------|
--0-----------10-----------|--0-----------10-----------|
-----------------------------|-----------------------------|
-----------------------------|-----------------------------|

.. and some more.

What a week. And it's only half way through.

Major job at the end of this week as we are getting our iSeries hardware upgraded to a much faster machine.

Then I have two weeks off. So, I put the new machine in and then leg it for two weeks. Sounds like a plan. :D

Back