Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Had I not already crossed the line, I would have this week:  I got Modern Warfare 2 Tuesday at 1am, and have put 14 hours on it already-- I officially have no life.

I'm thoroughly meh by it.  Apparently the PC version has already been swarmed with aimbots and wallhax.

I don't know much about the PC version.  I don't play the campaign, just the online 'multiplayer' version.  I like it so far.

When depression made my uncle commit suicide, ten people came to his funeral and nobody talked about the subject. Now a football player killed himself, hundreds of thousands mourn and everybody is talking about depression. What a country.

I hear that.  My aunt, when in her 70's committed suicide... but it was a large funeral, and we all spoke about it pretty openly.

Perun said:
When depression made my uncle commit suicide, ten people came to his funeral and nobody talked about the subject. Now a football player killed himself, hundreds of thousands mourn and everybody is talking about depression. What a country.

With all respect for your uncle, but I'm afraid the difference is quantity. The football player was loved by many people. Really many. He was a goalkeeper of the national squad. Look at what happened when Michael Jackson died.

Perhaps I misunderstand the point but I sense that your hoped your family had talked about the subject when your uncle died? Why don't you say "what a family" then?

I'm talking about the taboo topic of depression. People act as if it was something new.

Yeah.

What I'm saying is that if people cared a little more for all the non-celebrities who kill themselves daily because they can't live in this wonderful, flawless, beautiful and inspiring society, and looked into that a little more, perhaps their beloved football player would still be alive. It's really painful to see all the tabloid headlines reading "WHAT IS A DEPRESSION AND HOW CAN IT AFFECT US" in order to sell their waste of paper when you have known someone who lost the battle.

ffffffuuuuu.gif

Some days are Wasted days, too.  Sorry bout that, tho, Per.

You are welcome to come over and help me cut the trim i've been trying to put up for the last year and a half....

I'd love to. It would put my mind off certain... things.

Right now, I'm cooking. I'm not hungry despite the fact that I haven't eaten all day - no wait, I'm hungry alright, but have no appetite - and I'm basically making something to put in the freezer and live off the next one or two weeks.

Perun said:
Right now, I'm cooking [...] and I'm basically making something to put in the freezer and live off the next one or two weeks.

Your parents they don't live in Berlin ? You could have your mother cook twice a week, and take the metro to search your food

Nah, I prefer to cook on my own. Besides, my parents are on vacation right now.

Even better, if you are enjoying doing that.
I don't enjoy it anymore as I used to, and even if I get back from work relatively early,
it's like I loose all day when I cook (including shopping -dishes)

I generally love cooking.

Nevertheless, the progression of my reactions to my current meal was like this:

First bite: "Hey, this ain't half bad."
Second bite: "No wait, this is terrible."
Third bite: "I think I just wasted some good meat."

Well, I don't know what you issues are, but I know that feeling very well.  When working through my divorce, I was often like that-- not very hungry and no appetite.  Actually, even tho not so healthy, I lost some weight and that spurred me on to getting in better shape.  Sorry its being a drag right now for you, Per-- like I say,  i don't know your deal, but I dig it anyway.

Back