Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Beer?  I finally got my beer last night "shock top"  a pale ale.  PRetty good, with a garlic cheesy pepperoni pizza!  I had a surprise phone call from my home-- surprising, cause no one should be at my home.  My son showed up and his mom didn't wanna drive the 20 min to pick him up, so he stayed the night with me.  We ate pizza and chips, while i drank beer (is almost 16 too young to offer an beer? i didn't).  He has Rock Band now, so I got to see that played...

I would say that at 16 if he wants a beer, let him have it, but don't necessarily push it in his face.  It's about time to discuss "the booze rules" for sure at 16.

When I was 14, my dad came to me and said "I wouldn't mind getting completely pissed with you, so you've got an idea what it's like and why it's completely pointless". Although I can remember the first time I got pissed, I don't quite recall exactly when it was. But I do remember my dad picking me and my mates up. I was still OK, but the other two puked in the car. They came around the next day to clean it up, though.

Speaking of that, it looks like tonight is going to be a night with slow but steady alcohol consumption. Haven't been drunk in three weeks, and not seriously wasted in six (or more), though.

BTW, 16 is the legal age in Germany for beer.

LooseCannon said:
I would say that at 16 if he wants a beer, let him have it, but don't necessarily push it in his face.  It's about time to discuss "the booze rules" for sure at 16.

Yeah, good idea-- I'm not too worried about him drinking- but I wanna be a little vigilant...

@ Per, sounds like good fun! 

My kid has been to plenty of parties with booze (at my pad)... i'll prob offer one to him if he wants to try, tho.

Nah, you're not in the age group.  Reboot was the first cartoon that was fully done in CG, and a landmark cartoon for us kids of the 90s.  It was really fantastic.  The basic premise is that inside a computer lives a bunch of little computer people.  And whenever a game is played by the "user", the people in the computer have to take on the attributes of the game's bad guys to fight off the user, otherwise bad things happen.  Finally, a plethora of villains are doing their best to take out the city the computer people live in, viruses like Megabyte and Hexadecimal who try to conquer Mainframe.

The ability of CG to really bring things to life was first shown in Reboot, how quickly and easily they could change their dynamic without resorting to stock footage and animation is just amazing.  So, it was really a landmark show for me.  To see a new movie....just oh so awesome.

LooseCannon said:
Funny story, it could have been that given what I went in for.

I'm not sure if I want to know... but sometimes a good nasty story is worth hearing.  So....
HallowedBeMyName said:
Wasted, it is going to be Wasted666 day in a couple of months.

So...:hbd: :hbd: :cheers: :cheers: :clap: :clap: :okok: :okok: :hbd: :hbd: :applause: :okok: :applause: :cheers: :hbd: :clap: ahead of time, incase I forget!

Ha!  ok, I hear you! 

Wasted CLV said:
I'm not sure if I want to know... but sometimes a good nasty story is worth hearing.  So....

Hahaha, extreme testicle pain.  I thought it was some sort of testicular torsion, but it's just a "run of the mill epididyimal infection".

Back