Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Oh, that is hard to say... probably in one place, yeah.  But, man, there is a lot of weirdness...erm, uniqueness all over!  Check out the polls page, you will find some entertainment there.

Huh, thats kinda hard... I'd say the time I went to Hawai'i was pretty awesome.  First time I ever did snorkling-- inside of a dormant volcano.  altho, last summer, I took a motorcycle trip, not far, 1000 miles round trip, and that was great fun.

Yours?

A ride in the back of a bus in Budapest. There are lots of road holes in the north of the city. And articulated buses. It's like surfing.

QUIZ NIGHT!!!!

(As you may or may not know, I attend every Thursday...)

BeerBeerBeerBeerBeerBeerBeerBeerBeerBeerBeerBeerBeerBeerBeerBeer

Goddamn them all!

I was told we'd cruise the seas for American gold, we'd fire no guns;
Shed no tears, now I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier,
The last of Barrett's Privateers!

Hey, that is cool.  I'll check out the link.

So, LC, whats been going on in the world?  I need to get on MSN more! 

Wasted CLV said:
Yeah, same here.  Its trying to be winter here earlier than I'm wanting... did it turn up there in NS?

I know you directed this to LC, but this made me think.  I just learnt on the radio this week that global temperatures have been cooling over the last 10 years.  I know for a fact that southern Ontario has had much cooler and wetter summers these last two years.  Nova Scotia has been wetter and colder too.

Thats interesting-- I know that this summer it was much cooler and wetter than in the past.  I don't think we went over 100 more than once or twice. 

Some pages back I posted about a huge flood here in late July.  There were many downpours this summer.  Thank goodness I had my leaky basement fixed in February, or else...

Actually, I was thinking about that post you had made while reading your previous one.  Though, I wonder if it is a global warming issue, or a regular change in the climate.  I recall many drought years in the 80's, but I also remember having some pretty deep snow also.  Through the 90's, the snow had gotten less and less, in the last few years, though, the snowfall has become more consistent. 

Genghis Khan said:
I know you directed this to LC, but this made me think.  I just learnt on the radio this week that global temperatures have been cooling over the last 10 years.  I know for a fact that southern Ontario has had much cooler and wetter summers these last two years.  Nova Scotia has been wetter and colder too.

That's right.  Things are getting colder, but they're still up on average from 50 years ago.  All it means is that our climate varies over time; I don't know what it says about global warming.  Next year could be a hot one.

The nights here already reach the minus degrees. Can you believe it? It's mid-October!

Back