Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Genghis Khan said:
Sounds like a very nice teacher.  :)

Yeah, she is. One of those teachers who doesn't go around and say "fuck you, I'm doing my job, the rest is up to you" but has a sincere interest in the students learning something.

That is cool, Per!!  Nice to find teachers like that.

In other news, its the second 'Monday' of the week for me.  And my first daughter is no officially a 'teen ager'.  sheesh. ::)

Thanks!!  She is pretty excited... we implimented a new tradition this year 'birthday week'... she gets one gift per day, but something small and goofy, just for fun-- gum, candybars, lipgloss.. then she got to open her big bday gifts today before school.  She is still jumping between kid and teen.. wanting dolls and make-up both.  Next week is the big one, touted as 'the most insane birthday party ever'.. my son's 16th.  He is  having 20-40 highschool kids over to my house for a bonfire, hotdogs and pizza, rockband tourney's and god only knows what else.... me and a house full of teens.  ...maybe I should see if any of them have hot, single moms...  :innocent:

Wasted CLV said:
me and a house full of teens.  ...maybe I should see if any of them have hot, single moms...  :innocent:

Go for it! :D

Did I ever mention I got a trip to Ireland for my last B-day?

Nice mate! :)

Any specific spots you're planning to visit? Dublin and/or the countryside?

I've never been to Ireland but I am slowly getting intrigued by its history.

I'm still planning the trip, but I'd like to see as much of the country as possible.

Wasted CLV said:
And the pubs?  Seriously, I think it would be fun to tour the country and hit some 'local' pubs.

Certainly! Actually, I'm currently planning the trip around St Paddy's Day. ;)

Forostar said:
I guess the timing isn't bad for a tourist in this financial crisis? :)

We'll see what it's going to be like next Spring... it's going to be low-budget anyway, I'm a poor student after all. ;)

Low budget does rock!  Tho, i'd say with all the poor economy, good trips can be purchased for a reasonable sum. 
OH, and Per, that does sound great, a St Paddy's trip!!

Perun said:
Did I ever mention I got a trip to Ireland for my last B-day?
One day, I will go to the Emerald Isle. But the problem is that it might just be too much home from home for me to consider it a different country all together.

To be honest, every where I look is yet another Irish pub. But do they look any different to the quintessential English pub? Not really. Landscape wise - well, we're cut from the same rock (so to speak) and we get the same shitty weather.

And London is full of the Irish. ;)

Lol. This is funny. The pubs and the people are the same, and it's the same rock. :)

You really should read The Isles by Norman Davies heheheh!

Albie said:
One day, I will go to the Emerald Isle. But the problem is that it might just be too much home from home for me to consider it a different country all together.

I expect that would be the case with me and Turkey... it remains to be seen.

Back