Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I just estimated the value of my Maiden collection based on Ebay observation. It sums up to about 830 Euros, give or take. I can see some items going away for much more than I estimated on a good day, such as my Man on the Edge box. I estimated it's value to 30 Euros, but I wouldn't be too shocked if it went for 50 or 70 Euros on Ebay. Same goes for my Live !! + One LP, which I accounted for 15, but might as well go for 30 Euros.
I assume my rarest items are the aforementioned Man on the Edge box, the Hallowed Be Thy Name live CD single and the Out of the Silent Planet red vinyl. Mind you, they aren't extremely rare.

I played a new game today called Darkest of Days.  The basic plot is that you are Alexander Morris, a soldier of the 7th Cavalry who was killed by the Sioux at Little Big Horn.  Except that instead of dying, soldiers from a time corporation in the future rescue him at the point of death and patch him up and turn him into a Time Agent, who's job is to go back through time and protect the timeline.  Someone is altering the timeline to place famous people in danger, exposing people who are supposed to survive the big wars and battles of history to certain death in places like Antietam and Tannenburg.

Your job is to stop it.

Usually you go back in time and hook up with the local tech.  Like in the demo, you play in the Battle of Antietam, with a Springfield rifled musket.  It's a slow to reload, but that's OK.  After about 1/4th of the mission they hook you up with a AR-55 future assault rifle.  Then things get awesome.  I was running through a cornfield, leading a Union charge, pop out the other end to see a line of Confederate soldiers with their muskets.  And I just raked them with fire from the AR-55, poured a whole clip in and cut the line in half.  Amazing, one of the best moments in video gaming for me.

Death Race 2000 yesterday, Death Race (2008) today...

Oh, and I won Mulholland Drive yesterday at the film-quiz...
(We came in second... the winner team had twice as many members as us...)

LooseCannon said:
I put up my annual 9/11 rant.

I celebrated the usual "It's # years since the laws of physics took the day of".
Good on you, laws of physics...
You've worked tirelessly for billions of years. You deserved a day of...

End transmission...

(Inb4 tinfoil-hat, yadda-yadda-yadda...)

Don't be stupid, go read Popular Mechanics.  9/11 isn't a conspiracy.

Anyway, apparently three people entered my house at 4AM, drunk and looking for pot.  There's a dealer in one of the basement apartments, but they've never been so stupid as to go up a story and around the back before.  My roommate was displeased.

MisterAJ said:
I celebrated the usual "It's # years since the laws of physics took the day of".
Good on you, laws of physics...
You've worked tirelessly for billions of years. You deserved a day of...

End transmission...

Not a single law of physics too the day off back then. People who claim otherwise transmit a twisted understanding of physics. Just name me one thing you think was "wrong" then and I'll tell you.

I'm just incredibly tired of those 9/11 conspiracy theories. They are all bullshit and have been debunked numerous times, but some people still don't care.

In fact, I am tired of conspiracy theories in general. We landed on the moon and Islamist terrorists flew planes into the World Trade Center. I don't understand why that is so hard to believe.

I once came up with a conspiracy theory myself, and knowing it was bullshit, I was amazed at how far I could get with internal logic to make it sound plausible. For the most part, you don't need to prove anything - all you need is an idea that is hard to disprove.

Well, I'm a bit pissed off. My best friend is over for the weekend, but he had to bring his girlfriend along, and she's a major pain in the arse. Seriously, she's spoiling it a lot, and I'm pretty frustrated over that.

She's the bitchiest, messiest and most ungrateful person who ever stayed at my place. Last night, I advised my mate to break up with her, and that's pretty much the first time I ever did such a thing.

Okay, put her in front of the computer.

Hey, Perun's mate's girlfriend: you're a useless waste of space who's not worth the air she breathes, even for the moistest possible of tight pussies.  Stop existing.  Throw yourself out the nearest window, avail yourself of a speeding bus, or hike on over to the sea and toss yourself in.  I'm sure you're too stupid to know how to swim.  Look, this is LC talking, here.  I know quality people (Perun) and people who are without worth (you).  End the misery of trying to understand the complex and sometimes too-bright world.

There you go, P.  TCB.

Perun said:
In fact, I am tired of conspiracy theories in general.
I love conspiracy theories - the more the merrier, I say. This is not to say that I go along with them, it's just how they come to their logic and how it gets people talking. Crackpots the lot of 'em.

To little information made available to the public leads to such theories, so give them scraps and see what they can come up with. :D

No, it's not too little information.  There's more information about the 9/11 attacks than any comparable event in human history.  Same with the moon landings.

Back