Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Well, what I describe sounds civilised, doesn't it? :D

Yes, I am. Playing the Babylonians, currently eradicating the Sioux. Took a while, but now they're on their knees. Only the Spanish and French to go afterward, already annihilated the Celts, Chinese, Germans and Carthaginians.

Don't mess with the pope:

catollica-_pastor_of_muppets.jpg

Perun said:
Well, what I describe sounds civilised, doesn't it? :D

Yes, I am. Playing the Babylonians, currently eradicating the Sioux. Took a while, but now they're on their knees. Only the Spanish and French to go afterward, already annihilated the Celts, Chinese, Germans and Carthaginians.

You've just inspired me to install and play Civ II. Excellent.  :D

SinisterMinisterX said:
It was indeed classic, but I'm still a Civ III guy.

II was too simple and IV too complex. III is just right.

I like it simple. I'm a casual gamer, so I always shy away from getting used to new games. Civ2 is still engaging, it can still keep me hooked for hours, and that's good enough for me.

Great. I just knocked out 18 Euros for a new CD and my CD player (11 years old) can't read it. I suppose it's because of the copy protection. Ridiculously enough, the copy protection seems to be worthless, because I'm ripping it to my computer right now with five-year old software. And I wouldn't need to do that if my CD player could read it.

And speaking of that, my DVD player (6 years old) can't read Flight 666, another 20 Euros I paid. Looks like I have to get myself two new players. Only when I'm done with that, I can't afford new CDs and DVDs anymore. Plus, by the time I have a new DVD player, I guess everything will only be available in BluEray, just like I couldn't get any videos anymore after I finally got a video player.

I really never understood what is wrong with sticking to one unaltered media format for ten years. I know, everybody is going to tell me it's the companies who do it to cash in - but there's people buying the shit too.

EDIT: Copy Protection is worthless. For heaven's sake, can't Nuclear Blast do one thing right for a change?

It is worthless.  Spore was the most heavily protected game because of restrictive DRM - only got 3 installs, etc.  As a result, it flopped commercially, selling way under target, and became the most pirated game in history.  Gamers, like music listeners, don't want to be punished for doing it legally.

Teehee.

OK, so I need to pick my blog's dude of the week.  Should I go with Teddy Roosevelt, Jack Churchill, or someone else?

I think my opinion of Queen is finally settling on a favorite album: Queen II. I used to consider it tied with Sheer Heart Attack for the best, but lately I've been more impressed by Queen II.

today, I learned how to 'true' a wheel.  If you don't know, its taking a spoked wheel, and tightening (or loosening) spokes in order to make it spin straight (instead of having a wobble to it).  not a fun job, but was interesting to do!

Back