Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

It is unbelievable how hard it can be to translate a simple word like "pattern" into German. I can't come up with a German word to describe the particular meaning of "pattern" in the context I am working on.

I am writing on a huge-ass touch screen HP computer. It's like a TV, in fact, it functions as a TV. I thoroughly enjoy playing around on it!

I fucking hate people. I sat in the bus today and had to endure two stupid ghetto gangstas (what, Firefox knows the word "gangsta"? Should I laugh or should I cry?) shouting around loudly, while I had God Dethroned on my MP3 player. That's right, they drowned out death metal. Whenever anyone so much as looked at them they stood up and took threatening poses. In the wake of news of a 50-year old man beaten dead in the Munich metro and continuing reports of bus drivers beaten to dead by punks (or nazis, or gangstas, what do I know), this is obviously enough to silent you. What has this country come to that people can misbehave and you can't do anything about it because you have to fear for your life?

Yep, straight up bullshit.  Spock fixed that the best, in IV.  It drives me crazy to hear things like that, tho.

I could see you as a Vulcan.  "Captain, as you know, currywurst is a Vulcan delacacy...it is fascinating that your Earthlings ever developed a taste for it."

That's what it says on our license plates. "Vulcan - the currywurst planet." Sausage and curry are a logical combination.

Maybe he remembered what Bismarck once said: "Laws are like sausages. The less people know about how they are made, the better." :D

You just need a concealed carry permit.  According to the NRA, that solves all violent crime problems.

Of course, why didn't I think of that?

This is amazing: I turned in a paper two months ago, convinced that it is shit. I ran short on time and wrote it in three nights. I just re-read it, and loudly laughed at the stuff I literally made up. I didn't know shit about what I was writing, and I didn't care at that time. I got my mark for it today, and I was expecting something in the equivalent of the lower C's.

I got an A.

Back