Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

MisterAJ said:
facebookfuckup.jpg
That actually made the BBC news a few weeks back.

The more and more, future employers check your facebook profile
-especially your friends- through human resources dept.
Considering the life I've lived in the past, this is clearly not what I want.
Apart from that issue, I generally don't want to give my personal data so easily...

I could be registered in the facebook by using a pseudo and an avatar, but then the principle of facebook is lost.

It's raining outside. Fortunately the bike ride from my flat to campus is only 8 minutes - and I've got good rainwear.

When I think about it, it is actually raining less now than when I was underway here.

Facebook equals shit.

Don't get me started on sociological phenomena caused by massive "social networks".
I'm totally against that kind of crap...i'm not fond of blogs either. Too many idiots think that someone really cares about their pityful existence. However, there's other side of medal, blogs of smart people that actually have something interesting to say (as we can see from Perun's or LC's example).

I had facebook for couple of months...my friends started using it as main form of communication, as it's n times cheaper than cellphone. However, i don't want to digitalize my life. Thanks but no thanks.

If anyone thinks i'm conservative, let's just say that i've been almost 15 years on the internet, and that i know inner workings of TCP/IP down to whole implementation like Steve Harris knows e minor scale.

Internet started to suck big time. Computers too. Who's to blame?
Hmm...maybe i'll publish some text about that on my website.

Wasted CLV said:
The summer of never ending rain.   :down:

Yeah, it just started here too, and now it's coming down from buckets. I'm scheduled to head for a party in twenty minutes, I'm not sure I feel like going out there, though.

Sorry bout that, but it rains all the fucking time here.  I bet I don't go 4-5 days without rain.  I still have to mow my yard, and that pisses me off.  In August, it should be dry.

LooseCannon said:
Uh, fuck you guys, I get Hurricane'd on Sunday.

Speaking as someone who's been through one: it's not that bad, unless the wind damages your house. It's a lot of wind and rain, and will seem pretty crazy when it happens - but without damage, it's just a big storm.

SinisterMinisterX said:
Speaking as someone who's been through one: it's not that bad, unless the wind damages your house.

I guess people have their house insured for those kind of damages...
The question is how long one takes to get his money back, and if you get 100% the damages

Wasted CLV said:
Sorry bout that, but it rains all the fucking time here.  I bet I don't go 4-5 days without rain.  I still have to mow my yard, and that pisses me off.  In August, it should be dry.
Not that I wish to gloat here, as the English weather is not really up to much, but we have had a relatively good few weeks of late. For example, we have only lost an hour or so in the Cricket thus far (and that was the first bit of rain for weeks) - and the weekend looks good as well.

A result will happen at the Oval. :D

SinisterMinisterX said:
Speaking as someone who's been through one: it's not that bad, unless the wind damages your house. It's a lot of wind and rain, and will seem pretty crazy when it happens - but without damage, it's just a big storm.

Speaking as someone who's lived through over a dozen, they're not that bad, unless the wind damages your house, or your storm drain backs up and floods your basement, or the power goes out for an extended period of time.  My point was that Nova Scotia will be slammed with a whopping 10 inches of rain on Sunday, and will put whatever rain they are seeing in the twin cities of Berlin and whereever the fuck Wasted lives to shame.

Back