Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Wasted CLV said:
And if you run out of stuff, I always like to find info out on Gustav II Adolf.  And the various wars, etc that went on around him.

I could do something about the Thirty Year's War, but that would be more German-Centric.

Perun said:
Neighbouring civilisations of the Empire? That's a good one. I'm sure there's going to be a lot of "I didn't know that!" :)

Yes, and if possible included: the natural difficulties the Romans opposed.

Rivers? Mountains? Swamps, seas, you name it. Like this it's easier for me to get a link with the present. Only if you want of course, I am already happy that you want to do this anyway.

Forostar said:
Yes, and if possible included: the natural difficulties the Romans opposed.

Rivers? Mountains? Swamps, Seas, you name it. Like this it's easier for me to get a link with the present. Only if you want of course, I am already happy that you want to do this anyway.

Yes, there's stuff that can be written about that. That could become a longer series, though.
Don't worry, I'm happy that people are interested in this sort of thing in the first place. :)

Perun said:
I could do something about the Thirty Year's War, but that would be more German-Centric.

Sure, and that would make more sense than to be specific about one person.  I like it!

If people read my thoughts about ships, Perun, then they will read your thoughts on history.

Speaking of: I would like to know your thoughts about Von Bismarck.

LooseCannon said:
If people read my thoughts about ships, Perun, then they will read your thoughts on history.

Speaking of: I would like to know your thoughts about Von Bismarck.

Hmm, Bismarck is a toughie. But yeah, I can do that.

Thanks, Per, I appreciate it. What would be interesting to me is the ancient Egyptians day-to-day habbits, customs and general way of life. If you could focus on that it would be outstanding :)

Loosey, what have you published about ships?

Well, pilau, I've been doing a "Ship of the Week" thread.  So far I've profiled USS Enterprise (CVN-65) and the HMS Hood.

LooseCannon said:
Well, pilau, I've been doing a "Ship of the Week" thread.  So far I've profiled USS Enterprise (CVN-65) and the HMS Hood.

It's on this forum? I never bumped into any of those.

I subscribed to this blog and took the time to read this "debut post"!
I enjoyed it, and the last sentence surely gives a threatening hint of more to come.

Forostar said:
I subscribed to this blog and took the time to read this "debut post"!
I enjoyed it, and the last sentence surely gives a threatening hint of more to come.

Glad to hear that! The essay is nearly finished, so there's a lot more to come! :)
Prisoner Of Maiden said:
YAY!! I FINALLY found a bootleg of my first maiden concert!! :yey: :yey: :yey: :) :)

Which one?

Back