Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Perun: it was the Fleet Air Arm that launched the attack that crippled Bismarck, not the RAF.  Though a Coastal Command Catalina did hunt Bismarck and directed the Swordfish from Ark Royal in.

So how did the FAA sink the Bismarck if they had shitty planes?

Ah, I just came up with the answer - the Bismarck was a shitty ship...

The FAA didn't sink the Bismarck.  They blew apart the rudder assembly on the ship because it was designed like a 1918 ship without efficient rudder guards - modern US, UK, Italian, and Japanese ships had a new type of rudder assembly.  Once her rudder was crippled, the King George V and Rodney blew her to the waterline with shells and Dorsetshire finished her with three torpedoes.

Duh. Okay, so the FAA kicked the Bismarck's arse because the Bismarck was a shitty ship. Same outcome, different spices.

She wasn't shitty - she was just...outmoded.  All the battleships were.  The crappiest airplane could fuck up the best battleship.  Bismarck couldn't have been defeated one-on-one by any ship in the world (other than Yamato).  She proved that when she took on Prince of Wales and Hood at the same go.

Nah.  I'm going to try and do a few older ships.  HMS Beagle, USS Constitution, the Santa Maria...but when I come back to WW2, the Yamato is on the short list.

LooseCannon said:
Nah.  I'm going to try and do a few older ships.  HMS Beagle, USS Constitution, the Santa Maria...but when I come back to WW2, the Yamato is on the short list.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

It's frustrating. I've never been able to cut a hot dog bun open without having it fall apart. :(

AJ: WTF that's not a sentence.

Foro: I suppose some aces may eventually make it to the Dude of the Week column.

Perun: HA-ha!
Blog update!

So now I've decided to set up that history blog. Anybody got any requests what I should write about?

Back