Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Forostar said:
What Malta thing, Loosey?

I'm putting together an rpg based somewhat on Malta.  Loosely, I should add.

And yes, they will be most solemn ceremonies today.  Sadly, I am at work.

I would be really nice to visit Malta one day -I really admire some things in this country

Perun said:
The name derives from the Roman name Melite. Maybe that is derived from Latin melitus meaning "sweet", but don't quote me on that.

Ok, you actually prevented us not to quote you, but just for the record, this comes from Greek.

Here something interesting for those  who don't know ; Maltese language is a semitic language, probably the only one within Europe.... Wikipedia says that this comes from the Arabs, 8 -13 AC, but I have a belief that this story about the
language goes more far than that : Phoenicians, and 8 BC -don't have any proofs is just a belief

Yes, that's because Malta was ruled by the Arabs for 300 years and left much of their language behind.  Of course, it mixed with the local language which would have been a mishmash already, but it was the major influence.

I just had a wild idea today that I want to study in Germany...  But meh, nothing will probably come out of that anyway.

Carry on...

Because it was based on assumptions and I couldn't verify everything I wrote.

LooseCannon said:
I'm putting together an rpg based somewhat on Malta.  Loosely, I should add.

A RPG based on real locations/events is new to me, interesting. It could be fun to have the possibility to change the course of history too.

<The Minister looks down with satisfaction upon his subjects - except the criminal Yax, who will be punished.>

I hereby declare today to be Black Sabbath Day. All of you, my loyal minions, are hereby instructed (and required) to listen to some Sabbath today - at least two songs, with two different lead singers.

Forostar said:
A RPG based on real locations/events is new to me, interesting. It could be fun to have the possibility to change the course of history too.

I've played in quite a few.  I'm probably going to be blending in some fantasy as well, so I think there's lots of opportunities for the very interesting.

Paranoid, Neon Knights and Rusty Angels, each in its original studio version.

In turn, I herewith declare next week to be "Led Zeppelin Week", and each member is to do their best to play each Led Zeppelin studio album at least once.

Why not just have an Iron Maiden day and require all users to listen to Maiden's entire official discography in one day?  It's possible, I counted that all the studio albums and five live albums (LAD, RIR, DotR, A Real Live Dead One, and Live at Donington) make up 23 hours and 40 minutes, even leaving you time to change the CDs. :D

I said official Maiden releases, Eddie's archive isn't in the same caste as the rest of those since it's not sold regularly.  I just counted studio albums that can be bought individually.

And Foro, your memory is good but out of date.  I have Beast over Hammersmith as MP3s now. ;)

Back