LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the SIT/Senjutsu tour is REAL!
I’m not hyped but don’t worry it’s just me.
Congratulations to the diehard fans of Alexander the Great ( A great filler song at the time turned into cult song)

I’m thinking to create a change.org asking they play Quest for fire at last.

Anyway I have the’ll play the same 3 songs from Senjutsu plus days of future past and hell on earth and 5 songs from Somewhere in Time. Probably Caught Somewhere in time, Wasted Years, Heaven Can Wait, Stranger in a Strange Land and Alexander the Great. The classics cuts: The Trooper, Number of the Beast, Hallowed be thy name, 2 Minutes to Midnight, Fear of the Dark and Iron Maiden.

Oh I forgot the Steve’s new favorite Total Eclipse

Last edited:
At this point they pretty much have to play ATG on this tour. If they didn't it would generate some ill will amongst the fanbase. Well, the hardcore at least. The casuals wouldn't care.

Edit: Maybe they would just save ATG for their Historical Figures tour in 2029...

Double edit: posted in wrong thread. Oops…

Last edited:
On the official forum, I found this:

"Barrel and Bottle @ North Market
59 Spruce St
Columbus OH

Barrel and Bottle will have Red n Black, TROOPER and Sun & Steel available to drink in or take to go! North Market is a great place for lunch. For out of town folks this is a perfect spot. You can also call Barrel and Bottle ahead of time if you want to preorder cases of anything to take home with you. TROOPER, Red & Black for example.

Goodwood Brewing Co
401 N Front St
Columbus"

So Goodwood will have classic metal playing all day starting at 11 for their Rocktoberfest with TROOPER on Oct 7th. Plenty of TROOPER and Sun & Steel. This place is right next to the arena. It’s very big and holds about 400.
Thanks for sharing!!

Just wanted to put a word in about the Chicago show, now that I'm home and rested from it (six hour drive home after).

It was fucking amazing. Probably one of, if not the best, Maiden shows I've seen since 2008. My friend and I managed to win FTTB, and so we're right up at it in front of Dave/Adrian's side. We befriended two men from Germany who were next to us that were seeing Maiden for the first time, so it was very cool being able to experience the concert alongside them.

The arena was packed. Had to have been a sell out crowd, if not then nearly. I looked around the stands as Doctor Doctor was playing and struggled to find an empty seat. It was a hockey arena so there was floor, lower, middle, and upper bowl seating and people filled all sections of them. Bruce even commented on two separate occasions (one before Blood Brothers and the other during Iron Maiden's finale) about all of the people he was seeing.

The crowd was fantastic and electric. For the people who shit on American crowds at concerts, this was one you'd have to see to believe. Probably one of the most energetic crowds I've been apart of. Senjutsu was kind of a lukewarm reception (though the people near me at the barrier were animated), the entire stadium erupted for Stratego and Writing on the Wall. Maybe those two being the singles off the album helped?

The band was pretty flawless. With the exception of a couple of verses he sang out of sync (during Senjutsu, Run to the Hills, and the Clansman), Bruce sang great.

Ended up catching two of Dave's guitar picks, the one he threw out after Iron Maiden, and the second at the end of Run to the Hills. I was inches away from catching a Steve wristband but a tall guy right next to me with longer reach grabbed it first (even though it was thrown directly towards me).

Fantastic night. Going to Columbus tomorrow to see them again.

Just wanted to put a word in about the Chicago show, now that I'm home and rested from it (six hour drive home after).

It was fucking amazing. Probably one of, if not the best, Maiden shows I've seen since 2008. My friend and I managed to win FTTB, and so we're right up at it in front of Dave/Adrian's side. We befriended two men from Germany who were next to us that were seeing Maiden for the first time, so it was very cool being able to experience the concert alongside them.

The arena was packed. Had to have been a sell out crowd, if not then nearly. I looked around the stands as Doctor Doctor was playing and struggled to find an empty seat. It was a hockey arena so there was floor, lower, middle, and upper bowl seating and people filled all sections of them. Bruce even commented on two separate occasions (one before Blood Brothers and the other during Iron Maiden's finale) about all of the people he was seeing.

The crowd was fantastic and electric. For the people who shit on American crowds at concerts, this was one you'd have to see to believe. Probably one of the most energetic crowds I've been apart of. Senjutsu was kind of a lukewarm reception (though the people near me at the barrier were animated), the entire stadium erupted for Stratego and Writing on the Wall. Maybe those two being the singles off the album helped?

The band was pretty flawless. With the exception of a couple of verses he sang out of sync (during Senjutsu, Run to the Hills, and the Clansman), Bruce sang great.

Ended up catching two of Dave's guitar picks, the one he threw out after Iron Maiden, and the second at the end of Run to the Hills. I was inches away from catching a Steve wristband but a tall guy right next to me with longer reach grabbed it first (even though it was thrown directly towards me).

Fantastic night. Going to Columbus tomorrow to see them again.
It was an absolutely stellar show! Bruce was in amazing spirits and absolutely on fire vocally. He missed some timing things as you mentioned, but his voice was just awesome (even on the songs that others say have been challenging for him on this tour).

It didn't surpass the previous LOTB tour I saw in Tinley Park, for which I had First To The Barrier. It truly makes the show so special. I was in the first row of the bowl last night and it was still wonderful. The setlist wasn't my favorite in terms of pacing, but the night and the band were just fantastic.

Cheers to @Detective Beauregard and @Lampwick 43 for being great MaidenFan concert buds, as always! We also saw Maiden Chicago (tribute band) play at Reggie's beforehand and they did only deep cut stuff, including To Tame a Land, Rime, Killers, and many more. All in all, a badass night.

Chicago last night was indeed phenomenal. It was my 7th time seeing Maiden, and my 2nd time seeing them from the pit area. This might be the best Maiden show I've ever been to; it certainly was from a crowd energy perspective. The only minor blemishes I noticed were Bruce's timing issues during RTTH, and the super slow pace of Aces High, neither of which came as a surprise due to following this thread. Also it looked like one of his flamethrowers was dying out at the end of Icarus, that was funny.

The whole band was incredible though, Bruce included. I haven't been watching any videos from this years shows, and my expectations were tempered, but I was completely blown away by how good everyone sounded. All in all it was an incredible night!

The Book of Souls was Maiden's most successfull tour up to that point unless I am mistaken. There is a guy in the fanclub who keeps statistics on ticket sales and total gross, but I think the numbers for 2016/17 are lost on the old forum unfortunately.
I suspect one of the reasons the book of souls tour was successful was due to all the publicity about Bruce’s throat cancer.

I would imagine a lot of people at the time (myself included and the mates I went with) thought it could possibly be the bands last major tour. Had no idea Bruce would be such an awesome trooper and really had battled that cancer to death and won. Cancer has a nasty habit of popping back up and more aggressively just when you think it was beaten so a lot of people could have thought the BOS tour was a last chance to see them.

Album tours are successful for Maiden but I can imagine the hits tours make a much bigger slice of cash. Album tours usually are arena tours where as they tend to headline festivals on the hits tours.

I honestly think most people who buy tickets to concerts have no idea if it's a new album tour, or a third leg of a history tour. People see it's Maiden and buy a ticket.
I have to disagree. Of all the types of music fans out there metal fans, to my mind, are amongst the most dedicated fans out there. I’ve seen hundreds of bands over the years that I wouldn’t call myself a major fan of, maybe a casual fan owning a few albums but I’ve always been aware of what type of concert I’ve been buying a ticket for.

You can’t be aware a band is on tour without seeing at least an advert on social media, on the net or in a magazine and that advert would tell you straight away whether or not it’s an album or a hits tour, especially for maiden.

There’s a huge crowd of metal fans that are big Maiden 80’s fans that moved away from them in the 90’s, came back to check them out in the reunion and left again after getting bored of the “long proggy albums” of the reunion. I see it all the time in forums where people moan about too many long songs in the reunion so if people notice it’s a straight up album tour I suspect the classics fans would swerve it.

Idk- it’s all anecdotal but I know of more than a few people where I will say:

Wanna see Maiden?
Ya! When?

Then we go to the show- afterwards they say ‘that was great!’ And thats the end of it. They don’t know the set list before going in- maybe they are casuals? Or maybe they are normal? They pay to see Maiden, drink some beers and sing along to the songs.

Then next time they roll through town we rinse and repeat.

I imagine there are more than a few folks like that.

That's my brother, although he didn't see them two days ago with me. I did explain it's virtually the same thing he saw last time though, plus three new songs.

The show was great last night! As others have said- a lot of people there. Great atmosphere- all around. But man- the Maiden crowd (myself included) is old lol. Never seen so many ill fitting teeshirts stretched over bulging bellies in one spot. Hahahaha. Again- I’m one of them.

Does Bruce always do the line about “6 feet apart or spontaneously combust’? Or the ‘unwoke’ comment before Blood Brothers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back