LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of- if coming from out of town how does one find any pre show festivities? Heading to Columbus tomorrow and don’t see anything from a quick google.

Still not convinced by the Senjutsu/SIT hybrid tour rumour but I'm not really into the idea anyway. Would be unfair to tease ATG for years only to use it as a trojan horse to trick diehards into sitting through the boring new stuff.
From a marketing perspective i can see them 100% doing that using a song like Alexander to push sales knowing album tours don't usually sell as well.

Why do album tours don't usually sell well?
Bruce even mentioned that himself with album dominated sets more being for the die hards. It's these retro best of sets that are the. Big money maker for the band it seems.

They won't sell out stadiums , headline festivals or pack out areans all over the usa playing senjutsu in full that's for sure. (Only if they kept the set quiet and sold all the tickets before hand then hit everyone with 10 new songs like amolad aha)

Hits tours sell better ≠ album tours don't sell well. It makes sense that hits tours attract people who might not go to a show otherwise. That doesn't mean that the album tours are somehow failures or that Maiden's playing in empty halls.

That might be true with many other bands (Kiss), but not with Maiden.
It applies to any major band. There's a reason that the "play classics" meme exists. The response in Cologne this year to songs like FOTD, The Trooper or RTTH from the crowd was very different compared to how "lesser known" classics like Revelations, FOI or SOTC were received, let alone the Senjutsu stuff. The crowd was mostly great, but the most popular songs with casual fans had an insane response.

Again, it's quite logical. If someone who only knows some of the classics sees that Maiden is touring with exactly those songs they might consider going to the concert. On the other hand, if they see that Maiden is playing a lot of new material they might reconsider. Hell, in Cologne I met a few people who were bemoaning the fact that the current leg had a couple new songs and "not enough classics" :rolleyes:

The Book of Souls got two go arounds of the US and both did quite well. Hell, what'd they have? Four NYC arena gigs (including Newark)?
The Book of Souls was Maiden's most successfull tour up to that point unless I am mistaken. There is a guy in the fanclub who keeps statistics on ticket sales and total gross, but I think the numbers for 2016/17 are lost on the old forum unfortunately.

Speaking of- if coming from out of town how does one find any pre show festivities? Heading to Columbus tomorrow and don’t see anything from a quick google.
On the official forum, I found this:

"Barrel and Bottle @ North Market
59 Spruce St
Columbus OH

Barrel and Bottle will have Red n Black, TROOPER and Sun & Steel available to drink in or take to go! North Market is a great place for lunch. For out of town folks this is a perfect spot. You can also call Barrel and Bottle ahead of time if you want to preorder cases of anything to take home with you. TROOPER, Red & Black for example.

Goodwood Brewing Co
401 N Front St
Columbus"

So Goodwood will have classic metal playing all day starting at 11 for their Rocktoberfest with TROOPER on Oct 7th. Plenty of TROOPER and Sun & Steel. This place is right next to the arena. It’s very big and holds about 400.

Okay, back from the show. Title of the night is 'Bruce is Loose' (Not that way you naughty naughty children.) Rather than go paragraph by paragraph, I'll just bullet point things.

• Very very close to a sell-out.
  • I don't know if it's because it's a big market versus Tulsa or if he's just more relaxed but Bruce was in fantastic spirits tonight. The usual 'blahblah 3 years of bullshit, people here from all corners of the globe' pre-Blood Brothers banter that goes on for 2 minutes went on for 5.
  • Chicago - according to Bruce - is somewhere north of the South Pole and south of the North Pole. My God, he's right.
  • Adrian has a brand new spankin' plank, or a brand spankin' new plank. Dunno, ask Bruce.
  • Bruce bitched about the air conditioning as he walked down the stairs post Run to the Hills. Think someone got called a cunt.
  • Onto Bruce's performance, buckled up a little bit when he ended up one bar ahead in the second chorus or so of Senjutsu. The Clansman briefly got a little wonky and he ended up ahead one bar in the first chorus of Run to the Hills. I really don't know what it is at this point. 40 years of singing it you know Run to the Hills's chorus doesn't start that soon after the verse - a part of the song which he sang perfectly on time.
  • Three amigos, Steve, Nicko? Quality as always. Steve's bass tone real good and clear when it needed to be.
  • What a crowd. Had to do a double take when I heard how loud this crowd was singing stuff like Blood Brothers and The Clansman - TWotW too. Also, rip up my notes about the second encore break bringing the show to a screeching halt, Aces went down as well as it always does.
Onto whatever 2023 brings.

However, the timing on that first solo is a mind-fuck, since it is kinda a Balkan rythm, but at the same time, it isn't really.
Janick can play this special part of the song easily - he is a master of such melodies. Adrian (and Dave) just has to play his amazing solo.
Only if they kept the set quiet and sold all the tickets before hand then hit everyone with 10 new songs like amolad aha
I can't remember well, but didn't Maiden also said they will play the whole AMOLAD album before the tour?
The Book of Souls was Maiden's most successfull tour
That's true.
Bruce even mentioned that himself with album dominated sets more being for the die hards. It's these retro best of sets that are the. Big money maker for the band it seems.
They won't sell out stadiums , headline festivals or pack out areans all over the usa playing senjutsu in full that's for sure.
^ This is (kind of) true only for the US fans, methinks. And as I've said many times, Maiden will never have a problem selling tickets for any tour.
I really don't know what it is at this point. 40 years of singing it you know Run to the Hills's chorus doesn't start that soon after the verse - a part of the song which he sang perfectly on time.

What a crowd. Had to do a double take when I heard how loud this crowd was singing stuff like Blood Brothers and The Clansman - TWotW too. Also, rip up my notes about the second encore break bringing the show to a screeching halt, Aces went down as well as it always does.
Maybe the monitors are still a problem for him during RTTH? So glad to hear this about Blood Brothers and Clansman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back