LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they've got two Alpha Dogs in the band. And they can often butt heads. Similar to Lennon/McCartney or Hetfield/Ulrich. It's that tension that can make bands great but can also break them.

Personally, I think everyone is looking too deeply into it. It was just an outburst. Not necessarily a sign of problems in the band.
That's true, but contrary to Maiden, the duos you mention still wrote a big chunk of their band’s catalogue together. Plus Shirley has worked with crazy egomaniac Steven Tyler, and Maiden are more difficult? Quite an achievement, if you ask me.

That's true, but contrary to Maiden, the duos you mention still wrote a big chunk of their band’s catalogue together. Plus Shirley has worked with crazy egomaniac Steven Tyler, and Maiden are more difficult? Quite an achievement, if you ask me.
Where did he say that Maiden were the most difficult band he worked with and was it in direct reference to Bruce and Steve's attitude/egos?

When Bruce ranted, exactly after those words, which we are discussing, Adrian suddenly bent forward. I bet he was laughing his ass off. :D Anybody noticed this?
I do not think it was racist outburst. He was just referring to c*t who lives in specific country. Peace.
I'm a 35 year old Greek Australian and if a non-Greek called me a "Greek cunt" for doing something they didn't like, I'd call them out. I wouldn't be offended because I am not ashamed to be Greek, but in my father's generation such use would be the same as being called a "wog". And I am afraid that Bruce is very much from that generation, so the meaning might really be an overtly racist one. We don't know, but I was there and I can tell you I felt the sting as though I heard him say "you Indian cunt" or "you Chinese cunt" which would absolutely be racist in 2022.

Where did he say that Maiden were the most difficult band he worked with and was it in direct reference to Bruce and Steve's attitude/egos?
Not sure, perhaps it was in the Nerdville with Bonamassa interview. He said Senjutsu was the most difficult record he ever made; but he carefully chose his words when talking especially about Steve.

They didn’t even sing the chorus, just before TWOTW Bruce said:

« Alexander the Great »… pause, cheers from the Crowd..

« Didn’t see the writing on the wall! »

:D
He also said (again):

''We're gonna do it one day''

''You win''

Btw, was this Maiden's biggest concert in Greece? I think so. I remember there were a lot of (sold out) big stadium gigs for 2020 too.
On a lighter note I'm very pleased at how Bruce is sounding after a few rough shows earlier during the tour.
I'm curious how he will sound next year... probably even better. I thought about something - it would be strange to see an album tour 2 years after the release of it, but with TFF was almost the same (album in 2010, tour in 2011). It's not a proper example, but they also were on a different tour after the release of DOD.

I'm curious how he will sound next year...
Well, it seems that not singing for a year or more is nit good for Bruce. In 2016 he seemed rusty and we all thought it was the chemo, but he has shaken off the rust when they hit South America. This year he seems rusty again and has just now shaken off a bit of the rust (2019 was just too much singing IMO, as he recorded Senjutsu just before the tour).

So it's fair to expect a tad better Bruce next year, unless age really runs him over.

I think between Bruce talking about it, Steve getting on at Nicko for playing it with his tribute band, and time clearly not being on their side there's a decent chance that we could hear it on the Senjutsu tour. If not then possibly whatever greatest hits tour we get after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back