LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, thanks for the links. Seems that they went a bit safe route on the songs but glad to see Statego there.

Can anybody chime in and refresh my memory here:
Hm, about the similar thing years ago as the Download specials were shown on tv, the 2013 performance for example:
How many performances from each Donington/Download show has been shown on tv? How many songs exist in proshot quality?
From 2013: Trooper, Phantom and Fear
2016: Speed of Light, Children of the Damned, Book of Souls and Blood Brothers

Thanks for sharing all 4 songs @Samantas5855

Good performances. The only surprise is ''Stratego'', the other songs were expected. I think the performance of ''Stratego'' is very good (with backing vocals in the last part of the chorus would be even better), of ''Revelations'' too (pro-shot version of Adrian's changed solo, yes!). ''The Number Of The Beast'' always sounds great live (great scream and renditions of both solos), while ''Fear Of The Dark'' sounds a bit tired.

And btw, every stage set looks better when it's not on daylight.

From 2013: Trooper, Phantom and Fear
2016: Speed of Light, Children of the Damned, Book of Souls and Blood Brothers

2007 Children of the Damned, The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg, Fear of the Dark
2014 Sonisphere: Aces High, The Trooper, Revelations, Iron Maiden

Fair enough. I only find it amusing because Bruce was mocking bald people at his solo show 3 years ago saying that he could still grow his hair long (followed by a mischievous laugh).

On a side note, I am 46 years old and still have a pretty good barnet (I have had long hair since I was only 17), although the fringe helps covering the increasing forehead. I do not like windy days though! :lol:

When (if?) my hair goes completely, I will be wearing this T-shirt proudly.

MP-GAL_6a0deb63-e878-4a8d-8224-66f9faf80ab3_2008x.jpg
At the time of release of the last live album he was already balding. It was visible in one of the vids from his house or whatever around the time of release for like half a second.

I see (hear) the same issue with all my Maiden concerts. You can mostly hear the drums, the bass,the lead melodies and vocals....
Or to make a log story short there is no volume to the rythm guitars. They got like 3 of them for God's Sake.
This year I was pleasantly surprised. Guitars were loud and prominent! Conditions: Indoors show, not standing ticket but seated. Hanging PA's was directed at our sector. Good, heavy sound. Sign of the Cross sounded especially haunting/great.

Last edited:
If you are on the USA, congrats. You may not have free public healthcare but you can watch Revelations live at Download 2022
For some reason it thinks the audio is from nights of the dead and blocked it on other territories
Great performance, but the drum mix is so weird. The overhead and tom mics are way too low.

And btw, every stage set looks better when it's not on daylight.
Yup. And when the change the sets around like they do during the show you need lighter, “cheaper” materials. Looks great in the dark, broad daylight not so much, heh.

Edit: for Priest we were on the 2nd row and their stage setup looked really bad, not that it matters as they were great.

Last edited:

Great version. I realized Steve and Dave phrasing together at the beginning is a bit different and better than on the album. Also enjoyed Nicko's playfulness during the solos. Some timing problems by Bruce.

Ok... Some notes... It was cold. Both H and Davey in jackets until Revelations. Dave is also starting Hallowed sitting on the monitor.
H's Les Paul is gone, he is playing the Jackson now.

Bruce sounded great on RTTH and acceptable on Aces, but both songs were so slow. Up until Icarus, we got probably the best version of Bruce we can now.

Also the crowd was quite tame.

The Legacy show looks fantastic in dark arenas. But since they like to play so many festivals/outdoor shows during daylight maybe they could rethink their stage design? I know, they are old and set in their ways, not many tours left, etc. Just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back