Legacy of the Beast Tour Second Leg Rumours & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, bruce said that the set will be almost the same, which I think means 1 or 2 songs will be switched.

My money is on Wicker Man and TETMD.

I expect Clairvoyant to return.
As much as it would pain me (unless it was replaced with something equally good/rare), I could see FTGGOG being swapped out easily. It's by far the weakest point in the set from a casual fan perspective.

As much as it would pain me (unless it was replaced with something equally good/rare), I could see FTGGOG being swapped out easily. It's by far the weakest point in the set from a casual fan perspective.

Casual fans go nuts on "Iron Maiden" and "Fear of the Dark". Their preferences are insignificant, IMO :)

It's a crucial part of the set, while TETMD and Wicker Man (besides the backdrop) aren't.

That said, the only 3 songs that could excuse dropping of FTGGOG are Infinite Dreams, Brighter Than A Thousand Suns and Alexander The Great (but the last one won't happen). That said, Infinite Dreams doesn't fit into the thematics of the set and the second two would be moved into the War part, so the Cathedral set would last for only one song, Revelations, which is unlikely, since it's the greatest part of the stage set.

If I could tell them what to play, I would choose this:

I. War
1. Aces High
2. Where Eagles Dare
3. 2 Minutes To Midnight
4. The Clansman
5. The Trooper
--------------------------------
II. Religion
6. Revelations
7. For The Greater Good Of God
8. The Wicker Man
9. Sign Of The Cross
---------------------------------
III. Crime and Punishment
10. Flight Of Icarus
11. Hallowed Be Thy Name
---------------------------------
IV. Hell
12. The Number Of The Beast
13. Iron Maiden
------------------------------------------------
Encore:
14. The Clairvoyant (Bruce with a crystal ball)
15. Stranger In A Strange Land (Bruce in a polar explorer suit, trapped body in a see through ice)
16. Run To The Hills (Bruce on a stick horse)

What I expect? Clairvoyant replacing TETMD. That's it.

The only song that I want to be dropped is Where Eagles Dare, but Nicko probably wouldn't allow that. :lol:

That's just insane...

Well, with the current performances of the song, I started to appreciate it more and more, but I don't mind if would be replaced with other deep cut. But, it is Nicko signature song, isn't it....

Rock 'n' Roll Creation is a great song for a parody band)

(P.S. I think you misunderstood me, Bruce dressed as a Polar explorer, who is searching for the body that is trapped in that fake ice-mountain, not trapped himself)

P.S. II 43:50

(P.S. I think you misunderstood me, Bruce dressed as a Polar explorer, who is searching for the body that is trapped in that fake ice-mountain, not trapped himself)
I did understand what you meant, but that was the first thing I thought about when I read it.

It's a crucial part of the set, while TETMD and Wicker Man (besides the backdrop) aren't.

That said, the only 3 songs that could excuse dropping of FTGGOG are Infinite Dreams, Brighter Than A Thousand Suns and Alexander The Great (but the last one won't happen). That said, Infinite Dreams doesn't fit into the thematics of the set and the second two would be moved into the War part, so the Cathedral set would last for only one song, Revelations, which is unlikely, since it's the greatest part of the stage set.

uh..... PASCHENDALE would be more than worthy or replacing any song in this set list..... It's theme of war, suffering and could even fit into religion too. Greatest song they've done since the reunion

uh..... PASCHENDALE would be more than worthy or replacing any song in this set list..... It's theme of war, suffering and could even fit into religion too. Greatest song they've done since the reunion

I think that's just about the only theme-appropriate song I'd be okay with them swapping in for Where Eagles Dare. It's a shame they couldn't make room for it somewhere this year, it would have fit so nicely in the opening group of tunes.

Drop The Clansman and replace it with Paschendale (or Brighter than a Thousand Suns, or The Longest Day, or Afraid to Shoot Strangers...). :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back