Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Gk1

What's your top 10 Maiden songs? Just curious.
Guys come on. I think it is clear I am just talking about the way I see things. You don't have to agree.

Choosing 10 songs is quite hard to be honest with you. I adore almost everything they did up to 1992.

Imo SSOASS has to be one of the 10 best albums ever made.

The tracks I think are among their best in no paeticular orderoare

1. To tame a land
2. 22 Acacia Avenue
3. Killers
4. Infinite Dreams
5. Judas my guide
6. The Prophecy
7.Remember tomorrow
8. Caught somewhere in time
9. Back in the village
10. Alexander the great

Well their first 9 albums are out of this world IMO

Guys come on. I think it is clear I am just talking about the way I see things. You don't have to agree.

Choosing 10 songs is quite hard to be honest with you. I adore almost everything they did up to 1992.

It is interesting to see how people can have such different opinions. I became a fan in 1991 but think that the material released since the reunion is vastly superior to what they released during the 90s, when they were new to me.

A bit of sillynes can keep the band alive, put some fun into gigs, because the tour can become a bit stale, especially with Maiden, who don't swap songs mid-tour.

It can do wonders for band's longevity.

1. To tame a land
2. 22 Acacia Avenue
3. Killers
4. Infinite Dreams
5. Judas my guide
6. The Prophecy
7.Remember tomorrow
8. Caught somewhere in time
9. Back in the village
10. Alexander the great
Not much of a "Rime" fan, huh?

It is interesting to see how people can have such different opinions. I became a fan in 1991 but think that the material released since the reunion is vastly superior to what they released during the 90s, when they were new to me.
In what way did you experience the nineties albums when they came out? Did you run to the shop when released? Did you eagerly buy concert tickets around that time? All this attribites to the intensity of enjoying, enriching this period and the music. Later on, I was eager as well, but at some point you begin to hear some recycling things. Up til 1992 (IMO until 1995, even) it was all fresh and completely new, uncharted. No, not all nineties albums are better than later album. No, not all nineties songs are better than later songs.

But also: hell no that (all?) material released since the reunion was vastly superior. That thought is very hard to comprehend.

Run To The Hills is a Top 5 Maiden song for me, and they’re performing it better on this tour than they’ve ever done before. Bruce sounds great, the colors are on point, and the silliness brings out the best in the song. Don’t get why a lot of people need to complain about it, I like it. Finally a recording I can enjoy alongside the studio one.

I would’ve sworn that Foro would pick up on “Starblind”, especially since “Infinite Dreams” is one of his favorites, but go figure, “No More Lies” and “The Clansman” have a stronger connection.....

Not much of a "Rime" fan, huh?

Well,lately I got a bit tired of the longer songs in general. And I think it has to do with the latest Maiden material pushing me to the limits and not with the quality of Rime.

Not really on-topic anymore.

Too many songs seem to be long for the sake of being long. An extra repeated chorus here a few extra bars repeated there. Granted this has been going on since Where Eagles Dare, but it has really been evident over the past 20 years (since VXI). This is one of the reason us "older" fans generally prefer 80s to 2000s.

Not really on-topic anymore.

Too many songs seem to be long for the sake of being long. An extra repeated chorus here a few extra bars repeated there. Granted this has been going on since Where Eagles Dare, but it has really been evident over the past 20 years (since VXI). This is one of the reason us "older" fans generally prefer 80s to 2000s.
I wish there was a super like so I can give it to your post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back