Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a difference between not taking yourself too seriously and being a clown. They also play it way too slow.

There is a difference between not taking yourself too seriously and being a clown.

Thankfully I have always found Maiden/Bruce to be on the right side there. At the end of the day, we are talking about people in their 60s playing with an inflatable monster behind them! :lol:

IMHO, there is nothing more ridiculous than some metal bands and their "I have to look so serious all the time" attitude.

They also play it way too slow.

Nope. They used to play songs too fast in the 80s and 90s; thankfully that is not the case any more.

Well as you said Bruce was on the right side but I think that on this tour he looks plain ridiculous. I might be getting too old but this just looks like a show for kids with all the different costumes. I get what he is trying to do it is that IMO he is failing.
On the other hand it is his own show and people seem to be having fun with all that so what do I know?

Well as you said Bruce was on the right side but I think that on this tour he looks plain ridiculous. I might be getting too old but this just looks like a show for kids with all the different costumes.

I beg to differ. As far as I am concerned, it is heavy metal musical theatre of the best kind, with the drapes, the stage effects, and the different costumes. Not too different to opera.

I beg to differ. As far as I am concerned, it is heavy metal musical theatre of the best kind, with the drapes, the stage effects, and the different costumes. Not too different to opera.

Totally agreed. And they do it better than anyone else.
Great show, great performance. I enjoyed it in Paris, and looking forward to seeing them again in Krakow.

Well as you said Bruce was on the right side but I think that on this tour he looks plain ridiculous. I might be getting too old but this just looks like a show for kids with all the different costumes. I get what he is trying to do it is that IMO he is failing.
On the other hand it is his own show and people seem to be having fun with all that so what do I know?
Is there anything, anything at all, that you think Iron Maiden does well anymore?

Great low budget approach to RTTH :D. They now have some nice combination of serious and technologically sophisticated versus fun and silly and laughable theatrics.

These guys know what they are doing there. And come on, Maiden was always a bit funny!!

That has always been the case.
Indeed. I grew up listening to Maiden. I might be disappointed with their music lately but it seems only logical as they are getting old. In my opinion they did some of the best music out there and that would always be enough for me.

I think they are doing very well without being ridiculous unlike Judas Priest or Helloween who look a total disaster on stage with all their leather costumes and serious faces trying to be as metal as they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back