Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Bruce basically confirmed, that they are going to
include 2-3 songs from Senjutsu this year. Two of those will be Senjutsu and The Writing On The Wall. Senjutsu walk-on Eddie will be added and none of the worlds dropped. So, I expect the 2 new songs will be added at the expense of WED or Clansman and FTGGOG. They might also switch out TETMD. But other songs will stay.

include 2-3 songs from Senjutsu this year. Two of those will be Senjutsu and The Writing On The Wall. Senjutsu walk-on Eddie will be added and none of the worlds dropped. So, I expect the 2 new songs will be added at the expense of WED or Clansman and FTGGOG. They might also switch out TETMD. But other songs will stay.
I might have missed it, can you cite the confirmation that includes TWOTW?

Also, it will be a shame if the LOTB tour goes into its third year without some different old songs.

I might have missed it, can you cite the confirmation that includes TWOTW?

Also, it will be a shame if the LOTB tour goes into its third year without some different old songs.
Bruce's interview with Loudwire.

"...we are not going to subject people to more than 2-3 songs (from Senjutsu). Obviously TWOTW, everyone knows that and the title track... We are going to do that."

I agree, but I guess they don't want to change the original show that much. If the tour was not postponed for 2 years, I think they would have swapped some old songs for the 3rd leg (if the new album was not released yet, ofc)... like they did for ME tour. Since the new album is already released, the new songs will serve like setlist changes (instead of old songs). They might change one song though.

DOD is the only tour with more than one leg without setlist changes, if I'm not mistaken.
I agree with you,
TWOTW for FTGGOG (or maybe Revelations) and Senjutsu for Clansman or WED.

As for a potential third song, I guess it will be Stratego (out Eagles and Clansman and in Senjutsu and Stratego... like it's on the album). Or they will save it for the album tour as an opener, although I think the title track will be the opener.

So Bruce said they are probably going to play the songs from Senjutsu in the beginning of the setlist, the title track surely will be the opener...

That makes me worried about Aces High; last time it was played as the encore opener, it was really difficult for Bruce to pull it off, considering it is a very demanding song, and Bruce is not getting any younger.

So Bruce said they are probably going to play the songs from Senjutsu in the beginning of the setlist, the title track surely will be the opener...

That makes me worried about Aces High; last time it was played as the encore opener, it was really difficult for Bruce to pull it off, considering it is a very demanding song, and Bruce is not getting any younger.
Yup. IMO, the best placement for new tracks is between Trooper and Revelations.

Aces High must remain the opener.

Unless they open with the senjutsu world then go into the war section after which would put aces as song 4 as they change the stage design . could work that way too

Yup. IMO, the best placement for new tracks is between Trooper and Revelations.

Aces High must remain the opener.
Bruce has hinted and said quite a few times now senjutsu will be the opener so its safe to say it most likely happen that way

I’ve seen a lot of stuff suggesting they will play the song Senjutsu, but I have still yet to see anything where he specifically says they are going to open the LOTB concert with it. Considering the whole first third of the stage show revolves around Aces High, I have a hard time seeing them moving that .

I’ve seen a lot of stuff suggesting they will play the song Senjutsu, but I have still yet to see anything where he specifically says they are going to open the LOTB concert with it. Considering the whole first third of the stage show revolves around Aces High, I have a hard time seeing them moving that .
At 20:45-20:50 Bruce says "we'll probably do them in the beginning"

I’m not going to dissect an off the cuff comment but the beginning of the concert doesn’t have to mean literally the first song.

He's said in an interview that he thinks Senjutsu will be a great opening song. I think at the time people assumed that was in reference to the eventual Senjutsu tour but it seems that was actually intended as a hint toward LotB instead.

I guess there's no way to know. Anyway, I hope the opener is gonna be Aces High. Senjutsu is a song that puts me to sleep.

I guess there's no way to know. Anyway, I hope the opener is gonna be Aces High. Senjutsu is a song that puts me to sleep.
Yeah, I'm not sure if Senjutsu would be the best opener really. Sure, the intro is a 10/10 when it comes to setting the mood, but the rest of the song lacks the kind of energy I anyway, associate with concert openers.

I still love the song, but some are just meant to be album openers and not the first setlist song.

Can't imagine having Senjutsu decor and then putting all of the War staging on top of it. Lot of work for the Killer Krew to put a bunch of ivy and barbed wire up all over the stage.

EDIT: Plus, a 1+2 combo of Senjutsu and TWOTW'd put the crowd to sleep. Need to hit the crowd with a bang out of the gates.

Yeah, I'm not sure if Senjutsu would be the best opener really. Sure, the intro is a 10/10 when it comes to setting the mood, but the rest of the song lacks the kind of energy I anyway, associate with concert openers.

I still love the song, but some are just meant to be album openers and not the first setlist song.
I agree. I'd almost rather they use that as a taped intro to replace Doctor Doctor (Nightwish did this on their livestreams with the album opener "Music," then blasted into "Noise"). "Senjutsu" builds a great mood, but it's not the sort of explosive openers Maiden has pretty much always relied upon to start a show. I don't really have any desire to hear them play it but the band seems to love the song, so it'll happen, obviously. I always figured that one would wait until the proper Senjutsu tour.

And didn't they say the Spitfire was still going to be there? Or was that in lead-up to pre-Senjutsu release 3rd Leg Legacy? So hard to tell, considering Legacy's been going on (heavily interrupted, of course) for about 63 years now.

They've never opened a concert with such a slow song before. There's no way they are going to change the position of ''Aces High'', because the Spitfire is meant for an epic start to a concert. Although I think they will open the album tour with ''Senjutsu'' - yeah, it's not the typical song to start a concert, but I think it will work pretty good (especially the intro, as you said), because of the uniqueness of the song. The second song in the set should be a fast short rocker then. The other options to open the album tour are ''Stratego'' and ''Days Of Future Past'' (but they have to omit the intro of the latter, I guess).
I always figured that one would wait until the proper Senjutsu tour.
Me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back