Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Eternity Should Fail is in the ball park of Senjutsu in terms of tempo, length and mood, and they opened with it. If Bruce is saying it, then don't be surprised if they do open with it.

Only real issue, and for me the only real reason for not opening with Senjutsu, is you can't really put Aces High anywhere else then other than the opening of the encore.

Maybe they could put it in the middle somewhere and it could be cool if they played the intro of Aces High for the first time ever. Either way it's very explicit that Aces High is in the set, and that's the most likely thing to stop Senjutsu opening the gig.

Setlist like:

Aces High
Where Eagles Dare
2MTM
The Trooper
Senjutsu
TWOTW
Revelations
The Wicker Man
SOTC
Flight Of Icarus
FOTD
TNOTB
Iron Maiden
--‐--------------------------
The Clairvoyant or SIASL
HBTN
RTTH

makes perfect sense IMO. 2 Senjutsu songs, while keeping the key components of LOTB intact. Plus replacing one song with almost no production specifics with another one.

While setlist like:

Senjutsu
TWOTW
Aces High
Where Eagles Dare
2MTM
The Trooper
Revelations
The Wicker Man
SOTC
Flight Of Icarus
FOTD
TNOTB
Iron Maiden
--‐--------------------------
The Clairvoyant or SIASL
HBTN
RTTH

destroys one of the key components of LOTB (the opening) and basically makes Maiden some kind of an opening act for themselves with 1st two songs. Save Senjutsu as an opener for the album tour.

IMO this is their last chance to play Paschendale on the War theme, and Heaven Can Wait on the Death theme. It will be a shame if they do not.

If Eternity Should Fail is in the ball park of Senjutsu in terms of tempo, length and mood, and they opened with it. If Bruce is saying it, then don't be surprised if they do open with it.

Only real issue, and for me the only real reason for not opening with Senjutsu, is you can't really put Aces High anywhere else then other than the opening of the encore.

Maybe they could put it in the middle somewhere and it could be cool if they played the intro of Aces High for the first time ever. Either way it's very explicit that Aces High is in the set, and that's the most likely thing to stop Senjutsu opening the gig.
''If Eternity Should Fail'' is definitely more lively song than ''Senjutsu'', especially during the instrumental part and even in the chorus - for the rest, I agree with you.

The only other time when they opened with an epic (apart from TBOS tour) was for SIT tour, but ''Caught Somewhere In Time'' is a really fast song. They had a chance for the same during TXF tour too, but the choice was different.

Well "epic" is not an ISO defined standard. How come WED is not an epic? Just because it's somewhat shorter?

Reactions: Yax
Just a reminder that they opened the Final Frontier tour with Satellite 15…The Final Frontier. I find Senjutsu to be a much better pick for a live track than that. Also, as mentioned above, If Eternity Should Fail is also a mid paced song. The last three Maiden albums have opened with mid-paced songs and folks are acting like it’s completely new. The last opening song that was higher tempo was Different World, going on 17 years ago.

Just a reminder that they opened the Final Frontier tour with Satellite 15…The Final Frontier. I find Senjutsu to be a much better pick for a live track than that. Also, as mentioned above, If Eternity Should Fail is also a mid paced song. The last three Maiden albums have opened with mid-paced songs and folks are acting like it’s completely new. The last opening song that was higher tempo was Different World, going on 17 years ago.
Not that I don't agree with you, ''The Final Frontier'' is a mid-paced song, yes, but the energy in it makes it a good (and lively, not slow) concert opener.

Different World, going on 17 years ago.

Thanks for my daily dose of depression. :)

Senjutsu is a long song that doesn't change tempo. It also doesn't have usual opener dynamics. Some parts are more powerful than others, but that's scattered throughout the song like a minefield. IESF goes double time in instrumental, and goes back only for the last chorus, which is more involving than other choruses. All of the songs mentioned change tempo, TFF is faster at the end than on the start, Senjutsu isn't.

I still believe Stratego would be a more fitting opener.

Under 5 months to the tour..actually as they have booked even more shows (Rockfest Hyvinkää, Finland ain't the first show anymore) the tour will kick of in 4 months and 10 days:
Sun 22 Zagreb, CROATIA Arena Zagreb

I have a feeling that Senjutsu will be one of these Maiden songs that work a lot better live than in studio; much like (IMO) The Talisman, which is a pretty good song in the album, but the live version is extraordinary.

In Finland today had number of 14227 cases, that's the most in one day.
Im honestly 100% that Iron Maiden won't be playing their show in Finland this year.
This wave won't last long IMO. Everything will be cleared by spring since omicron is so fast and pandemic will become an endemic.

If anything, I'm even more certain now that the shows will happen this summer.

I have a feeling that Senjutsu will be one of these Maiden songs that work a lot better live than in studio;
The song will shine even more live (along with the amazing stage set of the album tour, which we all expect). Of all the songs in the album, ''Senjutsu'', ''Hell On Earth'' and ''The Parchment'' will be the most epic live imo.

This wave won't last long IMO. Everything will be cleared by spring since omicron is so fast and pandemic will become an endemic.

If anything, I'm even more certain now that the shows will happen this summer.
I would gladly be optimistic like you. Hope to see the shows happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back