Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Finland today had number of 14227 cases, that's the most in one day.
Im honestly 100% that Iron Maiden won't be playing their show in Finland this year.
I wouldn't worry about number of cases. Look at the amount of people who get hospitalised. That number is going down in Norway who also has had an increase in cases. Omikron is more like a cold than anything. For the first time in forever I am optimistic about the pandemic coming to an end. At least reaching a stage where we can live normally with it.

Bruce once again suggesting they will open the Legacy set with Senjutsu, Writing on The Wall, Stratego .

" But the first three tracks are probably gonna be the first three tracks on the [‘Senjutsu’] album. ‘The Writing On The Wall’ they already know, so everybody should know the first three tracks. And I just think [the] ‘Senjutsu’ [title track] is just such a great opening song — so dramatic. And then once you’ve done that — and we’ll have a stage set to go with it — once you’ve done that, you’re back to the kind of ‘Legacy’ world at that point."

https://www.loadedradio.com/bruce-d...r-where-they-will-play-entire-senjutsu-album/

There you go, that is the kind of confirmation we were missing up until now.

It’s a bold choice, to kick off the first tour in almost 3 years with 20 minutes of new material. Curious how it goes. I also have a hard time seeing the Blaze songs + FTGGOG staying in.

If the Blaze songs plus FTGGOG are dropped, do you guys also see them making changes on the other songs? Because Bruce has stated now repeatedly that the Spitfire, Icarus, etc will still be there.

I'm worried it will be a bit dull if the only new content will be the first three tracks of the album, then the Legacy part same as 2018-19.

Bruce once again suggesting they will open the Legacy set with Senjutsu, Writing on The Wall, Stratego .

" But the first three tracks are probably gonna be the first three tracks on the [‘Senjutsu’] album. ‘The Writing On The Wall’ they already know, so everybody should know the first three tracks. And I just think [the] ‘Senjutsu’ [title track] is just such a great opening song — so dramatic. And then once you’ve done that — and we’ll have a stage set to go with it — once you’ve done that, you’re back to the kind of ‘Legacy’ world at that point."

https://www.loadedradio.com/bruce-d...r-where-they-will-play-entire-senjutsu-album/
So, it's confirmed. This means Aces High will be in the encores... not good. They should have saved the title track for the album tour (they still will open the album tour with it, I think). Come to think of it, it makes sense to start the show with new songs when you have a new album.
I also have a hard time seeing the Blaze songs + FTGGOG staying in.
At least one of the two Blaze songs will go and FTGGOG too (or Revelations). For the third song, dunno - maybe the other Blaze song or WED (for Stratego). Clansman for the title track and FTGGOG for TWOTW.
If the Blaze songs plus FTGGOG are dropped, do you guys also see them making changes on the other songs? Because Bruce has stated now repeatedly that the Spitfire, Icarus, etc will still be there.

I'm worried it will be a bit dull if the only new content will be the first three tracks of the album, then the Legacy part same as 2018-19.
I doubt because of the inclusion of the new songs, but one or two changes would be great. I wouldn't say dull (because there will be new songs), but they can make at least one change in the encores (TETMD), because they are without a theme. As I said before, if the new album was not released I expected a few changes. I understand that they don't want to change the original show too much, but I agree with you that the Legacy part to be the same as 2018-2019 will be a missed opportunity.

So, it's confirmed. This means Aces High will be in the encores... not good. They should have saved the title track for the album tour (they still will open the album tour with it, I think).

Is it? Will they rearrange or redesign the whole "war" setting completely? I think it's still more than plausible that Senjutsu World will open and then rest of the set will roll on pretty much the same way as before - obviously slightly shortened and/or with some little tweaks.

If the encore opener is going to change, I think the often speculated The Clairvoyant would be cool. I'd like to see The Wicker Man repositioned there, but it's a natural fit on it's assumed place somewhere between Revelations and Sign of the Cross as well. Well, of course it remains to be seen whether Sign of the Cross will stay. The cross was featured in most tour posters around 2019-2020, but it's absence from the current one that features Senjutsu stuff might indicate that it's one of the songs that'll get dropped. They might very well move it's "production values" (in other words, roughly same amount of effects and such) to Senjutsu or something.

Well, this speculation is interesting as ever!

Is it? Will they rearrange or redesign the whole "war" setting completely? I think it's still more than plausible that Senjutsu World will open and then rest of the set will roll on pretty much the same way as before - obviously slightly shortened and/or with some little tweaks.
This is also an option. It would be strange to see Aces High as the fourth song -> never used in such a place of the setlist before.
Well, of course it remains to be seen whether Sign of the Cross will stay. The cross was featured in most tour posters around 2019-2020, but it's absence from the current one that features Senjutsu stuff might indicate that it's one of the songs that'll get dropped.
I think there is a chance one of the two Blaze songs to stay.

If they play the first 3 songs, I think Clansman, WED and FTGGOG will go.

I'd still say that the perfect placement for the 3 new songs is between Trooper and Revelations... But it seems that they will open the set with them, which is much worse IMO.

But it seems that they will open the set with them, which is much worse IMO.

I'm actually rather optimistic about that. I mean, yeah, they kind of play the new stuff/setlist variety card right away, but I believe Senjutsu might actually be rather cool way to start the show.

It might also be a stage production related decision, at least partially; it might be easier to set up the "Senjutsu world" (whatever that'll look like) kind of on top of the war stuff, instead of hiding it undearth the camouflage or setting it up and putting it away for a short stint somewhere between The Trooper and Revelations.

EDIT: Alternatively, it might be that they partially ditch the camouflage as it was previously and make Senjutsu & War "worlds" a bit more integrated, a little bit like how the cathedral set somewhat seamlessly shapes into the Gregorian & Hellish form.

Of course, I have no idea how big of a thing the Senjutsu will be productionwise, but just a thought.

I think the more interesting bit of this interview is that they seem to be serious about playing the album in its entirely on another tour!

Yeah, it almost feels like Aces High has to go if you're not playing it first. Bruce's voice just can't hold up. The other option is to move it to the start of the encore like in the Maiden England Tour.

I expect them to be playing it safe for the most part. I don’t expect them to pull out any other deep cuts or alter the rest of the Setlist other than to bring in songs that are more popular (CIPWM, Wasted Years etc).

This may be controversial, but I would probably prefer no Senjutsu songs and just the same setlist as in 2018/19. Especially in light of what seems to be confirmation that they’re going to play the whole album live later.

Honestly, since I'm expecting the tour to be in 2023 at the earliest, I'm gonna be happy even if they only play The Trooper and Run to the Hills. Right now, I just want things to be back where they were.

I expect them to be playing it safe for the most part. I don’t expect them to pull out any other deep cuts or alter the rest of the Setlist other than to bring in songs that are more popular (CIPWM, Wasted Years etc).

This may be controversial, but I would probably prefer no Senjutsu songs and just the same setlist as in 2018/19. Especially in light of what seems to be confirmation that they’re going to play the whole album live later.
+1 for the upper half of your comment. The Clairvoyant has a chance.

I also want the debut of most of the new songs to be during the album tour (especially the title track) with the proper stage design, but playing some new songs next year is the right thing to do. I would have been happy with something like Give Me Ed tour/TFF 2010 leg too - only TWOTW and a few other changes.

I’m very surprised to hear the new stuff will be first.

There was some shock and awe to opening with Aces and seeing the huge spitfire. It set the tone for the whole night, right outta the gate. Total spectacle.

I will miss the energy- (I think)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back