Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m in shock they’re coming to Spokane. I plan on that and Seattle so far. I may do a third show in TX or the one in SLC.

Iron Maiden manager Rod Smallwood comments,

Next summer we will finally get to play the huge European stadium and festival tour for Legacy of the Beast originally set for 2020.

We’ll be making a couple of additions and changes to the production and setlist to include some songs from our new album Senjutsu and are making the 2022 version of Legacy of the Beast even more spectacular than the acclaimed original show. You can be sure that we will still be featuring all the “hits” and the key elements of the original tour like the Spitfire, Icarus, Hell, flamethrowers and pyro and the rest - but we will shake it up a bit and Trooper Eddie will have serious competition in the new Senjutsu ‘world’ we are adding.
In Smallwood‘s statement I keep reading the word “we”. He is said to be a good manager, but he will not “get to play the huge European stadium and festival tour”, I hope.

Well this is exciting news! I’m curious how the Setlist will be adjusted to bring in Senjutsu. The obvious choice is to replace both Blaze era songs plus FTGGOG replaced with Senjutsu material. If there’s an entire Senjutsu world, I suppose a fourth is possible, but I’m not sure what. Wicker Man? Definitely a lower tier classic. As far as other Setlist changes go, I wouldn’t get your hopes up about other rarities being thrown in. If they’re trying to work in new songs, they’re going to want to make sure the rest of the Setlist is all the band’s most well known hits. Songs like CIPWM, Clairvoyant, Heaven Can Wait, etc

I have a hard time seeing them making too many adjustments since they are primarily visiting places that haven’t seen LOTB tour yet and they’re going to want to present what they originally promised. I doubt the Senjutsu world is going to replace anything, but will probably be integrated into the already existing structures.

With that in mind, I hope this isn’t going to replace a full Senjutsu tour, especially if they’re building a Senjutsu stage.

Regardless, after the last few years I will just be extremely grateful to see Maiden again and hear any new material. I’ll see you all in Denver and maybe other shows if a meetup is put together.

Well this is exciting news! I’m curious how the Setlist will be adjusted to bring in Senjutsu. The obvious choice is to replace both Blaze era songs plus FTGGOG replaced with Senjutsu material. If there’s an entire Senjutsu world, I suppose a fourth is possible, but I’m not sure what. Wicker Man? Definitely a lower tier classic. As far as other Setlist changes go, I wouldn’t get your hopes up about other rarities being thrown in. If they’re trying to work in new songs, they’re going to want to make sure the rest of the Setlist is all the band’s most well known hits. Songs like CIPWM, Clairvoyant, Heaven Can Wait, etc

I have a hard time seeing them making too many adjustments since they are primarily visiting places that haven’t seen LOTB tour yet and they’re going to want to present what they originally promised. I doubt the Senjutsu world is going to replace anything, but will probably be integrated into the already existing structures.

With that in mind, I hope this isn’t going to replace a full Senjutsu tour, especially if they’re building a Senjutsu stage.

Regardless, after the last few years I will just be extremely grateful to see Maiden again and hear any new material. I’ll see you all in Denver and maybe other shows if a meetup is put together.
At the end of the day any 2023 plans are pure speculation. Even Bruce throwing out ideas that they would like to play the entire album in full was never set in stone.

I guess this way it's kinda the best of both worlds. It wouldn't surprise me if there is another legacy leg in 2023 for Australia new Zealand japan and anywhere else in asia as Nicko did mention Australia recently.

Then who knows after that

Well I'll for sure be doing Chicago, and I'd like to see at least one other show on this leg as well. Ideally I'd like to go to wherever the biggest meetup / most MaidenFans will be. :)

I'm in for Chicago. Pencil me in for the US's opening night in El Paso as well. At this point, I wouldn't have cared if it was the same show for 2019... Maiden's coming back. (Although please play at least 4 Senjutsu tracks.... pleeeeeeease.)

I have tickets for the Bologna show in the summer. Might go see them in Anaheim as well and combine it with a Disney trip

Senjutsu World indicates a specific section of the set will be dedicated to the album instead of the new songs spread through the set. So it'll work almost like a 3 Act Play. LOTB, SJ and then LOTB encore.

Duelling Eddie's on stage would be something.

Song predictions are Senjutsu, Stratego, WOTW, HOE and maybe one more.
Hell on Earth could serve as a nice transition into TNOTB. Kick Fear to the encore opener.

Great news.

I am also pretty sure they will add one or two shows in Brazil as I can't see them coming here just for Rock In Rio. Also, there are 5 days between Rio and Mexico.

Great news.

I am also pretty sure they will add one or two shows in Brazil as I can't see them coming here just for Rock In Rio. Also, there are 5 days between Rio and Mexico.
Or they will add more shows in Mexico, they did 3 at that venue last time because of demand, just like there is a nice gap between Californian shows the greater LA area always gets a second date when they do arenas.

Tho with the entire month of August free they could do a couple of warm up shows before Rio yet

Last edited:

Agree about the changes. About Senjutsu world replacing one of the other worlds or not, I think it's 50/50.

Bruce and Nicko mentioned that they already started gathering ideas for the stage production of the album tour, so I think this would happen in 2023.
Hell on Earth could serve as a nice transition into TNOTB. Kick Fear to the encore opener.
Spot on about ''Hell On Earth''. FOTD in the encores... I'm not sure about that.
Tho with the entire month of August free they could do a couple of warm up shows before Rio yet
Maybe they will add more dates in August (Nicko mentioned Australia) or in November/December.

Last edited:
I'm starting to think that they will add the Senjutsu world to the set without replacing another world (the catherdral set is too good to be replaced) - this will make the setlist longer though. Or they can spread the songs from the new album to the other worlds instead (or swap some of them... Stratego for WED, for example).

The songs that I think will be replaced (if they replace any) are: The two Blaze songs (one might stay), FTGGOG (not that I want) and Revelations or The Wicker Man (both are played a lot in recent years). If they don't replace one of the worlds, Revelations will stay to represent the catherdral set, which means FTGGOG, TWM and Clansman/SOTC or maybe one of the encores (TETMD... since they are without a theme) will be replaced.

If the 4th Senjutsu world is added to the set, I expect 4 songs from the new album, if not - then 3 (at most).

Agree about the changes. About Senjutsu world replacing one of the other worlds or not, I think it's 50/50.

Bruce and Nicko mentioned that they already started gathering ideas for the stage production of the album tour, so I think this would happen in 2023.

Spot on about ''Hell On Earth''. FOTD in the encores... I'm not sure about that.

Maybe they will add more dates in August (Nicko mentioned Australia).
I would be surprised if they added a downunder leg between Europe and America in August but who knows i guess.

He could have just been throwing Australia a bone and meant the 2023 tour

I'm starting to think that they will add the Senjutsu world to the set without replacing another world (the catherdral set is too good to be replaced) - this will make the setlist longer though. Or they can spread the songs from the new album to the other worlds instead (or swap some of them... Stratego for WED, for example).

The songs that I think will be replaced (if they replace any) are: The two Blaze songs (one might stay), FTGGOG (not that I want) and Revelations or The Wicker Man (both are played a lot in recent years). If they don't replace one of the worlds, Revelations will stay to represent the catherdral set, which means FTGGOG, TWM and Clansman/SOTC or maybe one of the encores (TETMD... since they are without a theme) will be replaced.

If the 4th Senjutsu world is added to the set, I expect 4 songs from the new album, if not - then 3 (at most).
It does sound like senjutsu will get a whole dedicated 'world' section of its own so probably 4 songs in a row not spread over the set

" we will shake it up a bit and Trooper Eddie will have serious competition in the new Senjutsu ‘world’ we are adding.”

With that im picking the "religion" world goes completely, the stage transforms and they go into Senjutsu, Stratego, Writing On The Wall and finish with what Steve Picks out of his songs Hell On Earth or Parchment.

OUT: FTGGOG, Wickerman, Revelations , Sign

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back