Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe that tomorrow I'm going to buy an Iron Maiden ticket... Seems strange.
(oh, and if anybody from official fan-club ends up with an extra FTTB bracelet - count me in. I'm offering a beer and a meme. Or two beers. Or two memes. Whatever suits you.)

It's even stranger that they added Senjutsu so boldly, especially after those interviews where they said they're keeping it for 'proper' album tour. I guess WOTW and Stratego are a safe bet and if they said they'll add another world, I guess there would be a third song. Since the previous two are Janick's, Bruce's and Adrian's, my money would be for any of the Steve's epics (preferably any from the closing trio). You know what, even fourth song would be nice if that meant songs played on upcoming LOTB won't be played on proper Senjutsu tour. Leaves more space for rest of the material from the album.

Also, I can't believe they organized it so tightly. I mean, there are no breaks which could eventually be filled with possible canceled dates. Especially if those Nov/Dec UK tour rumour is true (which would make this one 6-7 months long). That's either brave or stupid.

Also, I can't believe they organized it so tightly. I mean, there are no breaks which could eventually be filled with possible canceled dates. Especially if those Nov/Dec UK tour rumour is true (which would make this one 6-7 months long). That's either brave or stupid.
How about both? Honestly I think that at this point they're in half-panic mode, faced with potentially losing out on yet another year's worth of touring income, so they just went as hard as they could on the scheduling. Cancellations won't be as big a deal if they can still do some parts of the tour as intended.

It's even stranger that they added Senjutsu so boldly, especially after those interviews where they said they're keeping it for 'proper' album tour.
The album tour won't start until 2023 (the stage production for it has not started yet) and (from Adrian's interview) it seems it was the band's decision to stuck to their original plan and finish the 3rd and final leg of LOTB tour. With the album out, they will probably play 2 or 3 songs from it (thus making the setlist different for the final leg) and they have to... since the album is already released.

Btw, I expect more dates to be added for next year.
I hope they will play only two songs from new album. I really like Senjutsu but let them play new songs on Senjutsu world tour

This leg should be the last ride of Maiden classics and I hope for some rotation in setlist.
I also want more new songs to be saved for the album tour. About some setlist rotation (with new songs added), I'm not sure, but there is a chance. We can't be sure if this will be the last ride of the classics/Hits tours, because we don't know the band's plans after Senjutsu.

I'd put money on them being the first 3 off the album, i.e. the title track and the two singles

Yeah, same here. I don't think they have the balls to bring out something like Hell on Earth for the tour.

DO YOU HEAR ME STEVE, ROD AND ALL? I SAID YOU DON'T HAVE THE BALLS TO PLAY HELL ON EARTH ON THE LOTB TOUR! YOU'RE CHICKEN! YOU WON'T DO IT!

Playin Senjustu the song would be a fool move. Total buzz kill. Ok, the drums are a good intro to a new world in the stage show but the proceeding 8mins are pointless, especially in a greatest hits set. Although maybe its a good time to hit the bar. Oh, and maybe Trooper will be on sale at the bar. Hmmm, maybe they will play it...

Playin Senjustu the song would be a fool move. Total buzz kill. Ok, the drums are a good intro to a new world in the stage show but the proceeding 8mins are pointless, especially in a greatest hits set. Although maybe its a good time to hit the bar. Oh, and maybe Trooper will be on sale at the bar. Hmmm, maybe they will play it...
Bring me back a Trooper then, please. I'm staying to listen to Senjutsu!

Although maybe its a good time to hit the bar.

I find if you are going to a second gig (or more) on a tour then Iron Maiden is a good one to go to the bar, as once you've already seen the big Eddie then all you are really missing is a track you've heard before at every gig.

I find if you are going to a second gig (or more) on a tour then Iron Maiden is a good one to go to the bar, as once you've already seen the big Eddie then all you are really missing is a track you've heard before at every gig.
To be honest, I never go to the bar durin Maiden. Well, once. I went durin FOTD I think on my second show of TBOS tour in Aberdeen. I had seen them the night before in Glasgow with Cried and the Wizard. I was on my own and I was a tad worn out from the previous nights exertions so I took a break. But then I fell in with a crowd of Finns and a couple of Brazillians and my energy levels soon returned. Proper fans, them.
But aye, good shout, Iron Maiden would be a good time to do it if ye had seen the show already.

It will be interesting where they go for the 2023 senjutsu tour. The chances of them doing an extensive NA tour so soon are slim to none, they would have to announce new dates not long after they wrap up the legacy run which won't happen.

My guess is a European areana run. They hit NZ Australia Japan and other asian territories. They will save an extensive South American run for this leg and most likely do a brief set of shows in NA around 5 or 6 like they have in the past only hitting California. NY and a few others

About some setlist rotation (with new songs added), I'm not sure, but there is a chance.

If you mean rotating songs during the 2022 leg of the LOTB tour, I would say there's no chance at all. They were unable to make it work with Paschendale and Dance of Death in 2010...

Bought Zagreb tickets on Saturday. If somebody said in Tallinn in 2018 that I'll be at the first Maiden gig in 3 years in Zagreb and that it will still be LOTB, I'd say... Fuck me sideways.

But... Here we are.

If you mean rotating songs during the 2022 leg of the LOTB tour, I would say there's no chance at all. They were unable to make it work with Paschendale and Dance of Death in 2010...
That was a classic case of bitting more than they could chew.

I don't know why they don't do it with shorter songs like they did with Mercenery and Fallen Angel.

Yeah, same here. I don't think they have the balls to bring out something like Hell on Earth for the tour.

DO YOU HEAR ME STEVE, ROD AND ALL? I SAID YOU DON'T HAVE THE BALLS TO PLAY HELL ON EARTH ON THE LOTB TOUR! YOU'RE CHICKEN! YOU WON'T DO IT!
A booming voice echoes out from Maiden Towers...

"Watch this, y'bloody wanker!"

For Hell on Earth in particular I believe they do have the balls. As a matter of fact there are no balls needed, it's a no brainer.

It's been the most popular song in YouTube, a fact that Official Maiden YouTube account has publicly acknowledged. There's a clear fan feedback there.
It's also a Harris' penned song and its rhythm and build up would be perfect for a crowd gone crazy moment.

I will think very little of them if they don't play it.

How about both? Honestly I think that at this point they're in half-panic mode, faced with potentially losing out on yet another year's worth of touring income, so they just went as hard as they could on the scheduling. Cancellations won't be as big a deal if they can still do some parts of the tour as intended.
OK, that makes sense. Then again, if they do play them all, is there a point going with proper "Senjutsu" tour in the first half of 2023?
Bought Zagreb tickets on Saturday. If somebody said in Tallinn in 2018 that I'll be at the first Maiden gig in 3 years in Zagreb and that it will still be LOTB, I'd say... Fuck me sideways.

But... Here we are.
I'm in a similar boat, and I think it's kind of poetic. The last gig I've been to was Maiden in Zagreb and the first gig I'm going to will be Maiden on that same spot. Then again, here's another fact that kind of effed-up: when I've been on LOTB gig last time, I was 'only' married. When I go to the next LOTB gig - I'll have two kids.

And if there is some sort of lottery or something, I'd put my money that there is no way they play Senjutsu (the song) on LOTB. Just doesn't seem plausible. And I believe they know how mammoth "Hell on Earth" and there is a bigger possibility we see that one instead of a title track.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back