Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish they were coming to CT. I see that Within Temptation will be opening for them for the 2nd half or thereabouts. I'm a huge WT fan, but I'm not sure if that is a good fit. I saw Maiden just once in '96 at the Avalon in Boston with Blaze on lead vox. My friends and I just wanted to see Maiden, not this opening act called Fear Factory. Fear Factory blew us away. Oh well. Would also like to hear some of the new songs live.I

Last edited:
Wish they were coming to CT. Missed out on the last time they here(2019). During the reunion tour in 2000 they drew just 6000 at the XFinity Theatre in Hartford. In 2019 they drew 27k. Crazy! I say "Crazy" because those are Dave Matthews Band attendance numbers for they have been huge here for a long time. I'm not a fan,btw. I see that Within Temptation will be opening for them for the 2nd half or thereabouts. I'm a huge WT fan, but I'm not sure if that is a good fit. I saw Maiden just once in '96 at the Avalon in Boston with Blaze on lead vox. My friends and I just wanted to see Maiden, not this opening act called Fear Factory. Fear Factory blew us away. Oh well. Would also like to hear some of the new songs live.
Maiden had around 11,500 in 2019 in Hartford at the Xfinity Theatre.

Spot on about ''Hell On Earth''. FOTD in the encores... I'm not sure about that.
Yeah, I don't think they're ever dropping it from this point forward and you've got to put it somewhere. (And, honestly, why would you? It and Trooper routinely get the biggest reactions of the night... at least to my recollection.)

It does sound like senjutsu will get a whole dedicated 'world' section of its own so probably 4 songs in a row not spread over the set

" we will shake it up a bit and Trooper Eddie will have serious competition in the new Senjutsu ‘world’ we are adding.”

With that im picking the "religion" world goes completely, the stage transforms and they go into Senjutsu, Stratego, Writing On The Wall and finish with what Steve Picks out of his songs Hell On Earth or Parchment.

OUT: FTGGOG, Wickerman, Revelations , Sign
It's between Hell On Earth and The Parchment (DOTC is similar in a way to The Clansman, while I don't think they will play LIALW live). The Parchment will be a real fun live, it's Nicko's favorite song from the album and it's not a hard song for Bruce (it would be a break in the set for him). I hope they will save Hell On Earth for the album tour. Whichever one of those two they play I think they will drop it for the album tour and replace it with another epic... if they don't play the whole album live, ofc.

It seems we all agree that TWOTW, Stratego and the title track (or at least the two singles) are certain.

Yeah, I don't think they're ever dropping it from this point forward and you've got to put it somewhere. (And, honestly, why would you? It and Trooper routinely get the biggest reactions of the night... at least to my recollection.)
Perhaps you're mixing up Trooper with NOTB? I've heard Trooper so many times, I don't ever need to hear it again, but NOTB still stands the test of time.

Maiden had around 11,500 in 2019 in Hartford at the Xfinity Theatre.
I read differently. Wish I could find my source. I remember telling my boss at the time about it because he is a huge DMB fan. Oh well. I was wrong.
Will edit my initial post. Thanks.

Last edited:
Perhaps you're mixing up Trooper with NOTB? I've heard Trooper so many times, I don't ever need to hear it again, but NOTB still stands the test of time.
I wouldn't mind them dropping Trooper for a tour, but I just don't see them doing it. I'm just speaking anecdotally of what I've noticed usually gets the loudest response of the night. Hallowed/TNOTB right below that.

Fun fact: Maiden hasn't played an indoor arena in the D.C area since 1991 at the Patriot Center in Fairfax, VA. They've been playing at Jiffy Lube Live pavilion or Merriweather Post Pavilion for the past 2 decades.
This time they will be playing at the Capital One Arena in Washington D.C.

Adrian: ''Last year we discussed for a long time whether we should do that. But we decided against it. There are not many dates left for the Legacy of the of the Beast tour. For the new tour we have to create a new setting, new stage effects, new backdrops. That is very time consuming. But we will probably put one or two songs from the new album into the remaining concerts, before we start the official Senjutsu tour.

We are working on it. But the stage won't go into production until next year. Originally we wanted to start the Senjutsu tour this year. That means we would have commissioned everything at the beginning of the year. But then the 2020 dates fell through and we had to move everything to 2021. So we also moved the production for the new stage back and it was the same with the second move''.

The info is from here: click (thanks to @Melony)

I hope they will play only two songs from new album. I really like Senjutsu but let them play new songs on Senjutsu world tour

This leg should be the last ride of Maiden classics and I hope for some rotation in setlist.

Secured my ticket for Athens, on stage; can't wait to see Maiden live again (it's only gonna be my 2nd time after the 2018 show :p)

As for setlist rotation, let's say that they add TWOTW and Stratego, meaning probably Wickerman and FTGGOG/Clansman will be gone?

I would love to see a couple other older songs/deep cuts, especially Phantom, Heaven Can Wait and Paschendale although it doesn't seem likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back