LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the article below:

Bruce: ''But there were a lot of songs that we couldn't include, that we didn't do on this tour. So we could do another Legacy Tour with a totally different repertoire''. -> I hope this will be LOTB 3rd leg next year. I can see them dropping FTGGOG from the setlist (because of the somehow lukewarm response from the crowd during the whole tour) and changing it with POTO, for example.

Drop The Clansman and play Paschendale instead I say.

Drop The Clansman and play Paschendale instead I say.

I think the fans really liked ''The Clansman'' to be back in the setlist. So, dunno. The interesting thing is, whether Bruce talks about the 3rd leg of LOTB tour next year or a new history/hits tour after the album tour.... - ''So we could do another Legacy Tour with a different repertoire''.... I hope this will be LOTB part 3 next year.
He also says that he is very busy from here to Xmas.

I guess his never ending book tour takes some time...

Last edited:
I think the emphasis should rather be made on the "totally different repertoire" part. It may not be just about a few songs.

Maybe all themes will change? That would be interesting not to repeat the same content over and over in the name of the Legacy. That said, it actually means a new history tour which, IMO, would be more appropriate only after a new album tour.

Main things from the interview for those who do not understand Spanish:

I think the emphasis should be on "could". They could do another tour with a different repertoire, but before anyone gets too excited, that does not mean they will.
I would like to reinforce this point with a just because Bruce said they could, doesn't mean it's even seriously being considered. An entirely new set would definitely justify visiting the same places twice but I don't really think there's enough material with solid themes to produce a second LotB set that appeals to both the casual and the hardcore fans. If you kept the themes as-is, well that'd be a bit easier to pull off but then what would even be the point?

No, I'm expecting some alterations but nothing too crazy. I think they will compromise on the themes a bit to find suitable replacements for two or three songs, but that's about it. Bruce's comments feel more like speculation for another tour with a similar concept down the line, although I think that's probably him being overly optimistic about Nicko's ability to play full tours (or tinfoil hat time: indicative that they do in fact have a replacement for him waiting in the wings).

Since Bruce said that there will be no Farewell tour and any tour could be the last one, probably that's why they extending/dragging the history/hits tour for a 3rd year - they want to play as many classics as they can (since there will be no Farewell tour for that). And on album tour they usually play at least 5 songs from the album and there is a little space for classics.... but they do not changed the setlsit for 2 years and maybe that 3rd year is a chance to change more than 3 songs (or 5)..../ what Priest done with their 2019 NA leg (changing the setlist completely and omitting so many classics) would be a very great surprise (and very unexpected)... it seems that Bruce wants to do another tour (or leg) with a similar concept to the LOTB (maybe with 3 other different worlds or the same ones but with different songs... or they can play whatever they want without any thematics, but to keep the wonderful stage design... or upgrade it according to the new songs in the set).

As good as this is, it unfortunately meant he had nothing left to give by the time HBTN came around:

It's normal during a (long) tour a vocalist to have a off nights. You can't sing perfectly night after night. And it seems Bruce still have a cold or something and since the start of this year's leg he has some problems, but I'm sure 'till next year's tour when he will have a good rest for his voice, he will be back at his top (like during 2018). But you're right. This performance of HBTN that you shared it's not good (in RIR was the same). The one in Chile from yesterday is much better. So, no worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back