LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I've read somewhere that the show in Porto Alegre yesterday was sold out.... any info on that?

Arena do Grêmio capacity is for 55,662.

The SA leg of the LOTB tour is one of the biggest in the band's history - 9 shows in Mexico (3), Brazil (3), Argentina (1) and Chile (2) will gather nearly half a million people (480,000 in fact). Maiden visiting six cities, so average attendance in each of them reached 80,000 people!

The SA leg of the LOTB tour is one of the biggest in the band's history - 9 shows in Mexico (3), Brazil (3), Argentina (1) and Chile (2) will gather nearly half a million people (480,000 in fact). Maiden visiting six cities, so average attendance in each of them reached 80,000 people!
480k?

Rock in Rio - 100,000
Sao Paulo - 60,000
Porto Alegre - 40,000
Chile - 78,000
Mexico City - 66,000
Buenos Aires - no idea, but if sold out should be around 32,000
376,000 in total. 42,000 avg each concert

480k?

Rock in Rio - 100,000
Sao Paulo - 60,000
Porto Alegre - 40,000
Chile - 78,000
Mexico City - 66,000
Buenos Aires - no idea, but if sold out should be around 32,000
376,000 in total. 42,000 avg each concert

I read this in a Facebook fan page and the info was from a Brazilian site on which do not have a access anymore.

That was nice, although a bit odd to see just half of the band there (Janick, Nicko and Bruce).

The congresswoman, Victoria Donda (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_Donda) gave a really nice impassioned speech about what democracy and the freedom of speech expressed in many different ways mean in a country that suffered oppression under a far right dictatorship. Many rock fans ended up "disappearing" (i.e. being killed) by the military rulers and they see Iron Maiden as a fundamental pillar of the freedom of speech that exploded in Argentinian rock music in the 90s. Very nice speech by Bruce when addressing the audience and giving thanks for the recognition too.

Last edited:
Yeah, I would have liked to see the whole band or at least some words for the rest of the guys, Rod included.
I hope the band release a official picture with themselves and the honorary plates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back