LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chilean fans have always been supportive. I think the final result may be even more impressive than official figures "~63K" :) As this article states: https://ironmaiden.com/news/article/2-more-shows-added, the whole LOTB Tour was planned to bring the spectacle for more than 1.750.000 people during two legs (2018/2019). Ambitious plans, but very average sales in NA and Argentina (only 18K so far) may be the main reason for making all fizzled out. Surely they add to the schedule some dates in Brazilia (very strong rumours for Sao Paulo, Curitiba, Salvador shows, some journalists state the additional special guest will be The Scorpions). Let's hope the tour will come out as the another success in Maiden history.

It sounds to a new dvd

Yeah, it is perfect to record a DVD from Chile (again) and from the whole South America, actually - the fans there are wild and know how to make a concert a real pleasure. For sure the best fans of Maiden, in the world and of heavy metal in general are there. Superb audience.

Rock In Rio
is another possibility, Mexico and Argentina are also very plausible.

I have a question - is it true that in Finland, or to say whole Scandinavia, listen only heavy metal ? I know it's pretty popular genre there. @KidInTheDark666

I have a question - is it true that in Finland, or to say whole Scandinavia, listen only heavy metal ? I know it's pretty popular genre there. @KidInTheDark666
No, not at all. If anything, the popularity of heavy metal in Finland is waning. It's certainly come down a lot from its earlier heyday. Used to be major metal acts would get regular airtime on the big radio stations but these days the only place you'll hear anything heavier than Bon Jovi is the few dedicated rock stations.

Also, Finland isn't actually a part of Scandinavia - by definition that's Sweden, Norway and Denmark, it does not include Finland.

It sounds to a new dvd
Unlikely. As said before, they've already done a DVD there and Maiden hasn't released live albums from any of the other history/hits tours, with the obvious exception of Flight 666 and even that was a very special case. Best to just set expectations low and assume the best we'll get is the usual Rock in Rio livestream.

Last edited:
About the live album thing. I get the argument that no other history tours apart from 2008 were officially released, but then again none of them were as hyped up as this one. This one just... feels different. It doesn't feel like the compulsory history tour at all, it feels like something the band really wanted to do. I don't think expecting a live album is absurd.

It feels different because it's the first "retro" tour since really Give me 'Ed that's not based almost entirely on a previous stage set or group of songs. And that tour was pretty much before live albums after every (album) tour were pretty much a guarantee.

That being said, two new releases in a row that are live albums would be kinda lame. Here's hoping for a new album in between.

Chile and Mexico have sold extraordinarily well. Absolutely amazing sales. USA is ok. I'm certain they were hoping for better sales so far, but there is still a long way to go so it should be fine in the end.

By the way funny that they consider all of the shows they have done at Estadio Nacional as sold out. 44,000 in 2011, 57,000 in 2013 and 54,000 in 2016.

I think Chile this year might be the first double stadium show. If the arena date sells out in a month, I bet it will be moved to Estadio Nacional.

By the way funny that they consider all of the shows they have done at Estadio Nacional as sold out. 44,000 in 2011, 57,000 in 2013 and 54,000 in 2016.
I noticed this myself. Do they cordon areas off or close stands for some gigs? Maybe depending on anticipated demand? Or does Rod simply speak his own truth?
20,000 difference between 'sold out' in 2011 and 2019. Did they make the place bigger?

I noticed this myself. Do they cordon areas off or close stands for some gigs? Maybe depending on anticipated demand? Or does Rod simply speak his own truth?
20,000 difference between 'sold out' in 2011 and 2019. Did they make the place bigger?
Rod always speaks his own truth. Comfirmed in the album 17 topic.

Possibly, Chile hosted the Copa America in 2015, they may have increased capacity at the stadium for it?

I think the authorities would think in make that stadium bigger next year for a new Iron Maiden gig…or two. :D It's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back