LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what chances of a new song the set?
Obviously there is precedent with Wildest Dreams and El Dorado but this tour has a tighter theme than those others. Still, theu have often surprised us, despite the claims of predictability. For example, who would have expected them to play a full album in 2006? Or re-release the back catalogue so often or charge £35 for a CD with a toy in a box? Not me.
I can well imagine Bruce givin speech along the lines of "we are proud of our legacy but fuck that, we are not finished yet, we have new music and here it is..."
But it doesnt fit the tour. And it would be something different if they played a new song on one leg rather than a whole tour.
So to sum up my 2 cents; it could go either way. And you can quote me on that.

I mean the encores have a looser theme, so if they were to play a new song, they could play it there. But I doubt it, because TETMD is locked in, and Hallowed and RTTH won't be dropped either.

The only song I could see them dropping is FTGGOG and adding two shorter songs like Stranger in a Strange Land and Killers.
No chance. Killers got a decent run in 99 but not 2005 Early Days or Maiden England, so Id say its dead. Stranger got a brief run out on 99. They dropped it for a reason so it is also dead.
And theres no guarantee they would drop a song for a new one. No reason they wouldn't play an extra 5mins...

No chance. Killers got a decent run in 99 but not 2005 Early Days or Maiden England, so Id say its dead. Stranger got a brief run out on 99. They dropped it for a reason so it is also dead.
And theres no guarantee they would drop a song for a new one. No reason they wouldn't play an extra 5mins...
While they won't be changing the setlist for this year, I must say that your logic is a bit flawed. They dropped Flight of Icarus after a few shows in 1986 and didn't play it on the Early Days or Somewhere Back in Time tours where it definitely would've fit, after all.

As I've said before, I think there is very little chances of any setlist changes. The current set is a combination of songs, props and lights - any changes to the songs would require a change to the light show and potential new props and backdrops. They'd also probably have to rehearse a new/different song which they might not necessarily have the time for considering each band members' often busy schedules. Most importantly, in my opinion, is that the tour is advertised as The Legacy of the Beast with a focus on particular themes based on the game and changing the set would mean one part of the world gets something different from the other part of the world that got the tour. A different package for the same tour means people complain and Maiden have to answer media questions about it. The same package is fair and everyone gets the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back