LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way funny that they consider all of the shows they have done at Estadio Nacional as sold out. 44,000 in 2011, 57,000 in 2013 and 54,000 in 2016.

Typical Rod Smallwood PR bullshit. The press release also mentions that since the turn of the century Maiden has taken every tour since to their fans in Chile, when they didn't tour there on the Give Me Ed... Til I'm Dead, The Early Days, or A Matter of Life and Death tours. :rolleyes:

It is also quite funny how all quotes attributed to Bruce and Steve sound like Rod Smallwood... :innocent:

Box office scores for the Estadio Nacional shows have been as follows

2011: 43,780/55,000
2013: 57,217/59,525
2016: 54,911/56,674
No sold out but 2013/2016 were pretty close to. "Pollstar" and "Billboard" official datas often not including ultimate figures of sales from all the sources and numbers from redistributed tix as the special offers (band's guests, promotional, additional form of sales). Many times before - I'm talking about so different artists as GaGa, Madonna, Metallica, U2 or so - the REAL number of fans attending few particular show were 10 - 15% higher than they "officially" revealed. The friend of mine's working for LN, he told me a lot all about that. For ex. Official attendance figure for last Maiden shows in Cracow (both nights sold out) was about 30,600. EVERY concert raport (even published by Live Nation Poland) state 18K or even 20K per night. I've attended both nights - the biggest concert indor arena in country was packed to the roof two times. Tauron Arena is really big multifunctional venue. Considering the traditional configuration (side stage) arena could hold even 20K - every section was available, packed with fans, the whole GA section wasn't divided with barrires (as usually it do) - the whole place (90 x 60 m) was packed. I obviously respect the official figures but nothing in this world is perfect.

The Rock in Rio show might be available for streaming I think, at least they offer live streaming for the perfoming bands there?

Rock in Rio always has live streaming, so I think it's certain. Though, the sound of the live streams is not good everywhere (only in Ullevi '05 is good).

You're pretty damn right. I've asked Tony Newton about this problem, he admited the sound quality of RiR Live - streams is "unacceptable".

If you wanna be hopeful, maybe they've finally taken the complaints to heart and hired a professional to handle the livestream mix this year. Don't count on it obviously, but it's a pretty well-known issue and Rock in Rio is a massive, high-profile event these days so it's not out of the question.

Chile II presale sold out in less than 2 days.

This more and more seems like that the arena gig will get moved to the stadium.
Damn, I posted the same news in news thread and this is the right one.
Maybe 2 stadium dates. It would be awesome

Chile II sold out, but I doubt they will move it to the stadium as one of the selling points of the arena gig was the rarity of seeing Maiden in a comparatively intimate setting. I know many people bought to both shows because of that, I dont think the demand for a second stadium gig is enough.

Chile II sold out, but I doubt they will move it to the stadium as one of the selling points of the arena gig was the rarity of seeing Maiden in a comparatively intimate setting. I know many people bought to both shows because of that, I dont think the demand for a second stadium gig is enough.
I think the demand is there. I'm certain they could sell at least 40k. Normally they take months to get even close to selling out the stadium. Now they have sold 78k tickets six months in advance. It's outrageous.

Remember when Maiden was being accused of exploiting the Latin American market for big money? Big, big money there for the boys.

But I have no problem with that. The Latin American fans are the best Maiden fans. I love the DVDs from there. You can feel the energy.

I think it's either moving the gig to Estadio or adding the 3rd night in the arena. The demand is borderline absurd.

Rumours saying that 3rd date will be another different Stadium named 'Estadio Ester Roa Rebolledo in Concepción'. 16th october.

But I think they won't play 3 consecutive dates, and they will have to upgrade the Arena to the Stadium to make 2 dates.

It's either 2 arenas and 1 stadium or 2 Estadio Nacionals.

Everything else would be stupid logistically.

Edit: thinking about it, it would be arena-stadium-arena in the first case, so that is a no too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back