LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
The band hasn't said anything thus far, but we've reached a point in their career where live albums are inevitable. They even already posted a video of "Run to the Hills" from last year, like they did with "Wasted Years" during the Book of Souls World Tour.

There has been no live album (yet) from the Maiden England 2012-2014 tour. ;)

Because it was already a tour promoting another live album. It would make zero sense to release anything from that tour.

They did release Flight 666, which effectively was a live album documenting a show that was supporting the release of Live After Death on DVD. ;)

There has been no live album (yet) from the Maiden England 2012-2014 tour. ;)
I think this is a good point in general. Flight 666 was the exception to the general rule that history/hits tours do not get live albums and even that was a special case since it was a part of a documentary. I've no doubt that if they would've been happy with the planned AMOLAD/Donington '07 live album, Flight 666 would've likely only been a documentary release with no accompanying full concert footage or soundtrack album.

I think this is a good point in general. Flight 666 was the exception to the general rule that history/hits tours do not get live albums and even that was a special case since it was a part of a documentary. I've no doubt that if they would've been happy with the planned AMOLAD/Donington '07 live album, Flight 666 would've likely only been a documentary release with no accompanying full concert footage or soundtrack album.

You are right; Flight 666 is the exception as they have not released live albums documenting any of their history/hits tours (Ed Hunter, Give Me Ed... Til I'm Dead, The Early Days, Maiden England).

It is a shame that they did not release a live album from the 2006 leg of the AMOLAD tour. The shows I attended were bold and outstanding!

Reactions: Jer
Im not going this time around. They chose a horrible venue to play at in Los Angeles. Unless you have first to the front privileges all the seats are way too far from the stage. And by the time I thought to see about going to Vegas all the good seats were gone there. I dont go see Maiden unless I can get close enough to the stage ( usually Adrian's side)

Im not going this time around. They chose a horrible venue to play at in Los Angeles. Unless you have first to the front privileges all the seats are way too far from the stage. And by the time I thought to see about going to Vegas all the good seats were gone there. I dont go see Maiden unless I can get close enough to the stage ( usually Adrian's side)
Not going to Maiden just because you don’t like the venue and won’t get close to Adrian? You’re missing out!

What if you don't go, and then it turns out that this was the last time they tour? Would you be kicking yourself in the future?

I'm not telling you what to do, but just suggesting that it seems to be a petty reason for not going to see one of your favorite bands, on potentially one of their final tours. But that was just my first thought.

How do you know the show wouldn't be just as good from further away? I've been to quite a few shows like that and they were still just as amazing including 3 times for Maiden.

Sucks to be you, this tour is the best they've ever done, and definitely the best I've ever seen of them.

Do You Love Me or what? :lol::p
tenor.gif

o_O o_O o_O

With all due respect, I cannot understand this. I still regret not going to see Bruce and Adrian on The Chemical Wedding tour in 1998 because I had a exam at Uni the day after the gig and they were playing 110 miles away from where I was living. I always try and see Maiden, by far my favourite band, live on every tour as many times as possible because every gig could be the last one. Sure, it is much more comfortable to watch a Blu-ray at home than going to see them at an arena with tens of thousands of fans that might obstruct my view at times, but a Maiden gig is always a great thing.

4 years ago we did not even know if the band had any future as a result of Bruce's cancer. I am going to make the most of the time they had left and count myself lucky because they are still around and playing such amazing shows.

o_O o_O o_O

With all due respect, I cannot understand this. I still regret not going to see Bruce and Adrian on The Chemical Wedding tour in 1998 because I had a exam at Uni the day after the gig and they were playing 110 miles away from where I was living. I always try and see Maiden, by far my favourite band, live on every tour as many times as possible because every gig could be the last one. Sure, it is much more comfortable to watch a Blu-ray at home than going to see them at an arena with tens of thousands of fans that might obstruct my view at times, but a Maiden gig is always a great thing.

4 years ago we did not even know if the band had any future as a result of Bruce's cancer. I am going to make the most of the time they had left and count myself lucky because they are still around and playing such amazing shows.

Agreed.

I even regret a few of the tours that I only saw them once on, especially Dance of Death.

I am from a country where Maiden goes so rarely (that is, 3 times in app. 35 years). A considerable part of my life passed with the dream of going to a Maiden concert. After some years of studying heavily while listening to Maiden from afar, I could luckily have a profession which lets me travel a lot. Now, I can go to the Maiden concerts. The conditions do not matter, because most other conditions are secondary compared to a two hour meeting with this music. I also do my best in inviting the other Maiden fans in my close social circle. :)

Enjoy your time with Maiden while you have the opportunity. We are a bunch of fortunate people here. Some of us are luckier, but we are all lucky.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back