Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Adrian starting to use his red Ibanez Destroyer more often on stage (maybe to be his main guitar again). That guitar is perfect for song like TNOTB... :nana:

Aside from his Lado guitars - this red Ibanez Destroyer is one of my favorite guitars by him !
The original Destroyer is unplayable (it sat in water during a flood). The new DT-450 was bought in 2014, but hasn't seen the stage since and now, when H has the new X-stroyer, it probably won't again.

Well, Bruce is in Sweden today.

Ddz0mhrUQAAt4oU.jpg:large

They're not even practicing?!?! Standard set confirmed!

:p
Well, they have been in Paris since at least 29th of April if not longer until last Saturday (I suspect they started around 20th). That's a month... I think there will be 2-3 more days of production rehearsals in Tallinn (tomorrow, Thursday and Friday).

No sweat. It was tongue in cheek anyways ;) I think you are right about the production rehearsals too. If the stage setup is that different (which the original tour message from Rod sorta promised) then I'm sure there's a lot of tweaks/rehearsals that needs to be done up-to the first show!

Well, they have been in Paris since at least 29th of April if not longer until last Saturday (I suspect they started around 20th). That's a month... I think there will be 2-3 more days of production rehearsals in Tallinn (tomorrow, Thursday and Friday).

Yeah. We tend to forget that they are professional musicians who know what they are doing. :)

No sweat. It was tongue in cheek anyways ;) I think you are right about the production rehearsals too. If the stage setup is that different (which the original tour message from Rod sorta promised) then I'm sure there's a lot of tweaks/rehearsals that needs to be done up-to the first show!

Well that and they probably don't want to end like James Hetfield with all the potential pyro effects.

I'm sure they will get a thorough run through of everything that happens on stage in line with the songs they play. It's what makes Iron Maiden shows both awesome but also predictable :)

I'm sure they will get a thorough run through of everything that happens on stage in line with the songs they play. It's what makes Iron Maiden shows both awesome but also predictable :)

If I remember correctly, they also record the pre-production rehearsals on video so they can see how the show looks like and make improvements on lights/effects.

Yeah that makes sense. Perhaps they also see the entire production/lights/effects/eddies etc at the venue before the first show with their own eyes, standing on the floor or sitting down ...So they can see for themselves what everything looks like during the set.

Yeah that makes sense. Perhaps they also see the entire production/lights/effects/eddies etc at the venue before the first show with their own eyes, standing on the floor or sitting down ...So they can see for themselves what everything looks like during the set.

Yup, they usually do. However, they do some lighting preparations in a hangar somewhere. But that's just the lighting rig and backdrops.

When you've got a set like Maiden...that doesn't change from show to show and needs to run basically the same way every night it's pretty important to see how things look from the audience - Because as a performer you can play up to/make use of the effects and the rigs and everything to make more of an impact. You get a feeling of where to stand on stage during important moments for example :)

When you've got a set like Maiden...that doesn't change from show to show and needs to run basically the same way every night it's pretty important to see how things look from the audience - Because as a performer you can play up to/make use of the effects and the rigs and everything to make more of an impact. You get a feeling of where to stand on stage during important moments for example :)

Correct, like when Adrian Smith went centre stage during Paschendale so the lights could be on him when he played the riff alone in the middle of the song.

Correct, like when Adrian Smith went centre stage during Paschendale so the lights could be on him when he played the riff alone in the middle of the song.

If you watch their shows you can see that this happens all the time. There's a lot of coordinated stuff in their live performances.

Not saying that this is bad by the way...just that it's the way Maiden has always done their live shows. Everything is timed and planned down to every last detail. In the end it gives the impression of a hell of a show for the audience...Which it's supposed to :cool:

Not saying that this is bad by the way...just that it's the way Maiden has always done their live shows. Everything is timed and planned down to every last detail. In the end it gives the impression of a hell of a show for the audience...Which it's supposed to :cool:
Well, on TBOS, H was switching positions quite a bit during WY solo (sometimes on stage right ramp, sometimes on the centre ramp and sometimes he used wah) and the lighting designer had quite a few problems with that and had to adjust position of lights.

Well, on TBOS, H was switching positions quite a bit during WY solo (sometimes on stage right ramp, sometimes on the centre ramp and sometimes he used wah) and the lighting designer had quite a few problems with that and had to adjust position of lights.

He was running away from Bruce :)

They're not even practicing?!?! Standard set confirmed!

:p
They can play the confirmed staples in their sleep! A song not played on previous tour becomes a deep cut when they discuss sets . I saw maiden first in 93 real live dead tour and the set was amazing! 4 rarities were played WED, Prowler, Remember Tomorrow and Transylvania! Same again please! SIASL, ID, AG, Killers and I'd be happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back